My husband and I enjoyed the night from Oct. 8 to Oct 9th, 2012, at the Town and Country Inn and Suites, Savannah Highway, Charleston, SC. We had been attracted by the laser advertisement on the screen in front of the hotel. The room was spacious, extremely clean, the
bed comfortable (the king bed had a hard mattress, and a light bedding made of white satin).
The room's furniture was modern, very convenient. We were surprised by a large modern flat TV screen, providing all facilities for USB sticks etc.. The spacious bathroom - done in marble and tile, in the colors black and green, eco orientated, i.e. referring to our limited resources on earth - was not only equipped with a normal bathtub, but also with a generous walk-in shower and an excellent hairdryer. Furthermore, the hotel is equipped with 2 brandnew washers and 2 dryers in an extra room on the first floor. Unfortunately, it was raining that night, and we did not use the huge outdoor swimming pool. As we learned from the friendly, warm and very helpful staff - 2 young ladies (at the front desk and in the restaurant) -, the rooms had been remodeled two months ago, and the lobby area and the restaurant are being redone at the moment. From outside alone you really do not expect such a spectacular stay! Although my husband and I stayed only overnight, I can see that this would be a great place to stay for a whole week in order to visit all the historic sites in Charleston and surroundings (Magnolia Plantation and Gardens, etc.). Coffee machine, micro wave and refridgerator could help you save on expenses not having to eat out each day. Since the rates are moderate, and there are special rates for AAA members or groups, this family possessed hotel is highly recommendable for tourists from all over the world, or business people visiting Charleston and surroundings.
Dr. Michael and Bettina Haeberle, Neuenstein, Germany
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Completed in May 2013 a $12,000,000 total guestroom rebuild!! Guests will be blown away with the level of comfort and attention to detail in new The Town and Country Inn & Suites. Convenient onsite dining featuring locally renowned full service Trotters Restaurant serving breakfast, lunch and dinner in our smoke-free hotel. Enjoy a lush outdoor pool and courtyard, extensive hot breakfast buffet with servers, free wired and wireless internet access and a modern meeting 6,500 square foot meeting facility. Wide variety of room types and suites available to accommodate every need including Family, Luxury, and Extended Stay Suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia and Tingo so you can book your Town & Country Inn and Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Town And Country Hotel Charleston
- Town And Country Charleston
- Charleston Country Inn