“Very impressed” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 57 Hotels in Charleston
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Very impressed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

I spend a lot of time in hotels and this one is certainly one of the better ones I've experienced. My fiancé and I were at the Town and Country for a 3 night stay and have nothing but good things to say about the place. The rooms are VERY nicely renovated with high end finishes and the separate tub and walkin shower was a nice touch. The pool has a very secluded feel to it as it is in a central courtyard area as opposed to next to a parking lot like many other hotels. I typically don't sleep in much but the beds were so hard to get out of - so cozy! I won't think twice about staying here again for my next charleston visit.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Erin E, Manager at Town & Country Inn and Suites, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Thanks so much for sharing your experience in our property with us. We have tried very, very hard to make the new hotel as comfortable and "home like" as possible and I am glad that the efforts have met your expectations. I would be honored if you would consider us again the next time you are in Charleston. If you need anything at all please contat me at 843-329-3302

Director of Sales and Guest Satisfaction

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
Bluffton, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

I have been staying at Town and Country from the day it opened. I travel to Charleston frequently, sometimes two to three times a month and have stayed at T&C all but a few times, those times when I did not stay there a result of the hotel being full. I absolutely and unequivocally take issue with nearly every negative comment made about the hotel. Yes, the hotel has gone through a lengthy renovation process and yes the 5:00 AM dumpster pickup does make a racket but never does an issue of concern or a guests comfort go unattended, never. The comments about lack of cleanliness are wholly unfounded because one of the hallmarks of the hotels operation is its committment to cleanliness. Remember, this hotel is not managed by a management company. It is managed by the FAMILY who owns the property with a huge financial vested interest. Would they let even the slightest detail of a guests comfort go unattended? I think the answer is obvious.
There is an evident family pride in this property which translates to the staff as well, the majority of which have been with this hotel for years. The renovation took a great deal of time but we, who are regulars and who have supported this property through the renovation expected it to be a long process because, like eveything else done by Town and Country, we knew this renovation would be done right and that takes time. The results speak for themselves but how would one know unless you've experienced it first hand?
If you want breakfast included in your room price and don't mind competing for a rickety, sticky table in an over-crowded, noisy room so you can eat stale biscuits and raisen bran with plastic spoons and styrafoam and queue up for the waffle maker by all means stay in those places. However, if your like breakfast in a quiet dining room and enjoy eating from real china with linen and flatware and being able to choose from a variety of hot and cold breakfast entreees prepared each morning than you'll want to be at T&C. As to price; I defy anyone to walk into the dining room on any given morning,view the offering and tell me how one could do it for less. If breakfast at T&C was so expensive or not worth the money then why do I cosnsistently see people from every walk of life and economic persuasion in that dining room every morning; EMS personnel, firefighters, police, attorneys, neighborhood regulars, retired folks and teachers, just to mention a few?
The bottom line is that T&C is one of Charlestons best kept secrets. If you have ever had a bad experience at T&C I can almost guarantee that it is your own fault. I have no vested financial interest in the property but in behalf of all the regulars at T&C I would just like to say we hate seeing good people and good places getting a bad rap.

John Hart, Bluffton, S.C.

Room Tip: Ask the staff. They will be totally forthright with you
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
As the Director of Guest Satisfaction it was with great pleasure that I read your review of our property. I am so honored by your review and by your recognition of the efforts of our staff to go above and beyond when it comes to pleasing our guests and creating memorable experiences. We would hope that the fact that this is a 4th generation family owned and run hotel company would help drive the point home on that topic. In particlular, I am pleased that you saw the value of what we deliver to our guests in terms of our product and the experience we deliver for a comparable price. HUGE thanks to you sir and I hope to meet you in person the next time you stay with us. If you need anything now or in the future please contact me at 843-329-3302

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

I recently took my first trip to Charleston and the entire experience was absolutely spectacular. Driving up to the hotel I didn't really know what to expect as it was clear that they were still renovating... but as soon as I opened the door, I was more than pleasantly surprised! The rooms were stylish and contemporary with the MOST comfortable bed I think I've ever slept in and with everything I needed right in front of me, I felt right at home. To make things even better, the outdoor pool area was nicely redone with a relaxing "oasis" feel to it.
Charleston was a great southern town with a lot to do and this hotel was the perfect place to come back to after a long day of sightseeing. I would highly recommend staying here to anyone planning a trip to Charleston.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Erin E, Manager at Town & Country Inn and Suites, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
I am very happy that we delivered an outstanding experience and surpassed your expectations. That is our absolute goal for each of our guests. We are getting great feedback on the new guestrooms and the "Oasis" feel of the outdoor pool courtyard area. Thanks again for your review and I very much look forward to your stay the next time you come to Charleston.

Columbia, SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

A business man who travels often, I am naturally looking for a reasonably priced room without having to forego many of the amenities and luxuries associated with a 4-5 star hotel. Impossible, you say?. Not at the Town and Country Inn in Charleston, SC. Even during the many months of construction, the older rooms are reasonably priced, spacious, exceptionally clean,well maintained, and already far superior to some of the national brands I have frequented. As a frequent guest I asked to stay in one of the newly renovated rooms during my visit this week. What can I say. I have stayed in luxury hotels in NY, Las Vegas and San Franciso that did not even compare with these high end accomodations. Every detail had been maticulously thought out from sufficient outlets coveniently located (didn't have to get on the floor and rearrange furniture to get to them) to charge your cell phone, iPad, and laptop all at once to the placement and location of lighting switches and fixtures. Wireless and hard-wire internet access included, by the way. The bar and restaurant are phenominal and the staff extremely friendly and concerned with your comfort and happiness. By the way - the location is great also: just 5 minuites from downtown Charleston. If you're visiting Charleston, SC you owe it to yourself to experience the Town and Country Inn. Don't take my word for it - just do it!

Room Tip: Rooms is building 1 are close to indoor pool.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Erin E, Manager at Town & Country Inn and Suites, responded to this review, July 19, 2012
Please allow me to thank you for noticing the details that went into the new hotel guestrooms. We spent 2.5 years on the rebuild all with the goal of delivering on guest feedback and issues we encountered when traveling ourselves. Our aim was to cure those any way possible while maintaing an element of elegance and quality. I am so glad that goal was able to shine through during your stay. Also thank you for the comment concening our staff's concern for your comfort and happiness. We ask that eveyone on our team keep the Golden Rule of treating others the way you would want to be treated. I am glad that was eveident in our service during your stay with us. Please come again and ask for me personally.

Erin T. England - Director of Sales and Guest Satisfaction
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

Thats right, I put an exclamation point after that statement... I've been going to Charleston for years and have only ever had brunch at Town and Country. We heard it was recently renovated and booked a room there for a few nights. The new rooms are AMAZING! High end and very inviting. The bed was unbelievably comfortable. If Charleston wasn't such an amazing town, I wouldn't have gotten out of it... The front building is still in the renovation process but its clearly headed in the right direction. We look forward to staying there again and highly recommend it to anyone passing through Charleston.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
, Manager at Town & Country Inn and Suites, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know how your experience was during your stay with us. I am so glad you enjoyed the new guestrooms and your overall experience now that our $7,000,000 rebuild of the guestrooms is nearing completion. We would love to earn your stay during your next trip to the Charleston, SC area so if there is anything I can do or any special needs you may have please contact me directly at 843-329-3302 to let me know.

Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

I travel to Charleston once a month. A friend of mine told me about this hotel. Yes, they have been under construction for almost 2 years now. They are doing a major remodel. However, contrary to one of the recent reviews I just read, I want to make some additional clarifications. First, of all, I have always stayed in the back (annex) portion of the property. As a business person, who travels a lot, I love this section! The reason is because it is very private and feels like an apartment set-up to me. It has that "motor-lodge" feel to it. The rooms are extra large & the furniture is not old. The furnishings are brand-new. I love the huge granite desk setup & love looking out the huge picture window while i work. The mattress on the bed is unbelievable! I have the best night's sleep here. The only thing that is of an "old" nature is the bathtub/shower area. The sink area has a very nice granite top area and looks like a piece of furniture. It is very clean in these rooms. There is even a flat-screen tv mounted in a nice mahogany frame on the wall. It
kinda has that "urban" feel to the room. The only negative I can truly state s the trash pick-up is t around 5:00am and the dumpster is on the backside, right near this annex of rooms. As a corporate member here, you get so many "perks" it is unbelievable. The corporate rate is the bet in Charleston. Included in this price, I get a full buffet breakfast from the award-winning Trotter's restaurant. This is not a continental breakfast. It is the real deal. The work-out room had been under remodel; however, when it gets completed it will be round 10,000 square feet. And, they have a brand new gorgeous spa like pool area. If you are considering a trip to the Charleston area, you really should give this place a try. I have never been disappointed. It is close to downtown & to Folly Beach. And, there is an awesome greenway you can walk/run on. I love the bars/restaurants at the Triangle area. And, you are close to Johns Island too. This hotel, in my opinion, will have it all & more than any other place in the Charleston/West Ashley area.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
, Manager at Town & Country Inn and Suites, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
As the Director of Guest Satisfaction I am so happy to thank you for your compliments and taking the time to review our property and share your thoughts. We are almost complete with a 2.5 year rebuild here and with it an entirely new hotel from top to bottom. Also I am happy to hear of your appreciation for the privacy and amenities that the Annex section of our hotel offers. I would be delighted to give you a tour of the new hotel at your conveneince and offer you a special rate to let you experience it first hand. If you would like to discuss or ever need anything please do not hesitate to contact me directly at 843-329-3302.
Erin England - Director of Guest Satisfaction

Been to Town & Country Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!