Check-in was after 9pm and I was initially greeted well, but before the check-in was finished, I began feeling like I was being looked down upon. When I asked for a cart for my luggage, as one was not visible, the young lady told me she would have to get one as they keep them locked up. Seems they have a problem with them going 'missing' sometimes...? I guess if the valet is not present the carts are not suppose to be available? The young lady then advised me where to find parking and that she would bring me a cart to the back entrance. Well, I waited but no cart so I walked all the way to the front and found the other young woman working the front in the process of putting the cart up...? Why wasn't I offered a cart at the front entrance where my car and luggage were when I checked in?
This wasn't the only instance that supported my feeling, but my overall impression of this hotel is that if you aren't a business customer wearing business attire, you are not welcome. They didn't seem to have a problem taking my money though....
And another comment I would like to make about this hotel. The bathroom only had a shower and with that there was some areas of mold in the grout. The double shower head was dirty, like it needed bleaching along with the grout. And there was a brochure regarding purchasing items indigenous to Marriott hotels, such as the bed and linen. I can honestly tell you that I sleep on a memory foam mattress at home that is 10 years old and it is truly more comfortable than their $2250 king size bed.
- Also Known As:
- Charleston Marriott Hotel Charleston
- Charleston Marriott Hotel
- Marriott Charleston
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience Southern comfort at the finest hotel in Charleston, SC, Charleston Marriott. Our downtown Charleston hotel’s beautifully redesigned guest rooms and suites are coupled with excellent service and sophistication. Conveniently located on the Ashley River, we boast easy access to Charleston International Airport and many historic neighborhoods. All of our hotel's Charleston, SC, rooms are spacious, stylish, and alive with color and energy, and feature high-speed Internet access and shuttle service. Enjoy a sensory dining experience at Saffire Restaurant & Bar, serving innovative American-fusion cuisine for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Visit Aqua Terrace, a rooftop lounge offering cocktails with brilliant views of Ashley River. Relax in our landscaped courtyard or workout in our modern fitness center. Our accommodations measure up to the best hotels in downtown Charleston and feature 50,000 square feet of event space, ideal for social events, including unforgettable weddings and gatherings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Marriott, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Charleston Marriott reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.