“Always Great!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #43 of 58 Hotels in Charleston
Alcolu, South Carolina
“Always Great!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Yes! This is our "Charleston Home" when we visit the city. If you want a home-like amosphere, free breakfast, and friendly staff then Creekside is the place to go. Save yourself alot of money and enjoy a quiet, clean place. They are not 5 star accommodations, but they are comfy and Deidra will knock herself out for you while you are there!

Room Tip: We like the first floor rooms just because it's easier to unpack the car and pack to leave.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Deidra G, General Manager at Creekside Lands Inn, responded to this review, July 19, 2014
Thank you so much for your wonderful review & such kind words!!!! I love my guests & they know it!!!! =) And I'll always be your Home away from Home....anyway I can get ya down here, let me know!!!! Glad you made it safely home & I know I'll see you again...If I'm not mistaken, its gonna be soon too!!!! =) Take care & can't wait til your back!!! Deidra

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Richmond, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

On previous trips to Charleston we stayed in more populated areas. This time my husband and I wanted a clean, quiet place away from the hustle and bustle, but close to town. After reading reviews in Trip Advisor, I chose Creekside Lands Inn. It turned out to be the perfect place for us. It is located about 15 minutes from downtown Charleston. Although it is located on Hwy 17, we did not hear the traffic noises as we did during previous stays in other facilities. The room was large and clean; we had a refrigerator and microwave, as well as a TV, hair dryer, iron and ironing board. An enhanced continental breakfast was served every morning. Our room was cleaned every day and we always had clean linens. Our room was on the first floor; we never heard noise from rooms on either side or above us. The staff was courteous and friendly. I had spoken to Deidra, the manager, on the telephone prior to our arrival, but did not get a chance to meet her until the last day. She is very friendly and concerned that her guests have an enjoyable stay. We experienced only one minor problem with our TV and it was fixed as soon as we reported it. We stayed for 10 nights and thoroughly enjoyed it.
There is a pool, and a gazebo on a tidal inlet on the grounds. Also the hotel provides two smokers for people to use. Several families enjoyed cooking out by the pool in the evenings.
It is an older hotel, so if you are looking for brand new accommodations, fitness rooms, etc, this may not be the place for you. However, if you are seeking clean rooms at a reasonable rate, friendly service and a nice quiet place to stay that is close to many of the wonderful attractions in Charleston this is a great place. We had a very relaxing stay and would not hesitate to stay here again. Thanks to Deidra and all the staff.

Room Tip: My tip would be that if you experience any problem, contact Deidra or her staff immediately for a re...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you for the room tip!!!! I can't express it enough to contact me, if I can fix it, I WILL!!!! =) And a great big Thank you for the wonderful review too!! I'm so glad that you enjoyed yourselves while being my guests!!! And I'm glad that I'm the new perfect spot for you!!! I'm thankful that you made it safely home & even more thankful that you had a great time!!! Take care & come back anytime you can!!!! Deidra
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

Just horrible. Find somewhere else to stay. This hotel has seen better days. Paint peeling, mold in the shower, constantly out of towels, I could go on and on. Sure the location is great and they do indeed have plantation shutters but who cares if the rooms are not clean? Almost everyone has a continental breakfast so not sure that is actually a benefit, would rather have some extra towels. Would never actually stay there on purpose again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
First off, I want to apologize for your stay here my hotel. But if your stay was really this bad, then why haven't we spoken or why didn't you ask for me while you were? If you wait until you get home, then put this online, without speaking to anyone here, how did that help you? I invite you to call or email me please, (843) 763-8885 or info@creeksidelandsinn.com. Please ask for me, Deidra Gallashaw, & give me a chance to make it right!!! Glad you made it safely home & I'll be looking forward to hearing from you!!!
Johnson City, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Our room was nice and clean, even had plantation shutters. The manager was super nice and helpful, and the waffle bar (!) in the morning was delicious. Beautiful property. I will always choose to stay at this moral in the future when I visit Charlestown.

Stayed June 2014
Thank you so much for your thoughtful review of my hotel!!! I'm so glad that you enjoyed yourself while being my guest!! I love my plantation shutters here & yes, the breakfast here is pretty good, considering how some hotels barely have what we do!!! Glad you made it safely home & I do hope to have you as my guests again in the future!!! Take care & Thank you again!!!! Deidra
Fort Mill, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

The Staff was great, the room fine, quiet did not hear other guest while inside room. Even at night with a full Inn the noice was not bad, like with most other budget hotels. Love the setting areas, the pier mostly, the pool was warm not cold, Grilling area great, Breakfast was good, gravy, cereal, waffers, friut, pastry.... could used some eggs, meat, potatoes HA!!, But great for the price. Most places does not even serve this good or offer breakfast. Felt more that a place to relax and enjoy than just to stay like most hotels.

Room Tip: Rooms in middle and near the steps. I was on first floor and still not a lot of noise like in most...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your wonderful review & the pictures!!! I'm so glad that you enjoyed yourself here & that you saw all that my property has to offer!!! And I'm gonna work on the full breakfast for ya...=) So glad you made it safely home & I do hope to see you again soon!!! Take care & come back anytime you can!!! Deidra
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014 via mobile

Everything was great and they bent over backwards to make our stay a wonderful experience. They were very generous with their coffee;-) The bed was wonderfully soft yet firm. The view was great and the pool was clean. They kept the room clean for us on a daily basis even when we told them they really didn't have to. The price was great and cheap.

• Stayed June 2014
Deidra G, General Manager at Creekside Lands Inn, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Thank you so much for your wonderful review of my hotel & my staff!!! And you are so very welcome for the coffee....I told you we'd have it for you 24/7!!! =) Glad you made it safely home & extra glad that you were our guests!!!! Take care & please come back as soon as possible!!! Deidra
Charlotte
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014 via mobile

Everything about the property, the room and the staff was perfect for my stay. I travelled with a friend and her little dog. We had lost a friend suddenly and picked this property to get away to after the memorial service because of it's location on a natural area to spend some quiet time. When we did leave the hotel, we found it convenient and easy to get to the beaches, downtown and shopping. Although we did not utilize the pool or the grills at the picnic area on this trip, other guests did which made it a nice, relaxing atmosphere to return to. We were more than pleased with our stay and the genuinely friendly and helpful staff that made us feel at home. Will definitely recommend staying here and look forward to returning each time I travel to Charleston.

• Stayed May 2014
Thank you so much for your wonderful review of my hotel!!! I'm so glad that we were able to be a little escape for you & your friend!!! I love my hotel & my guests even more....so I'm blessed that you see what I get to see everyday!!! Take care, Thank you again, & come back anytime you can!!! Deidra

Been to Creekside Lands Inn? Share your experiences!