“nice old fashioned motel” 4 of 5 stars

Creekside Lands Inn
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2545 Savannah Hwy, Charleston, SC 29414   |
Ranked #42 of 57 Hotels in Charleston
maniago
“nice old fashioned motel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

clean and larger than most rooms, clean, clean, and really easy to get into Charleston. Decent breakfast, quiet and just right for the price. You can also see the sunset near a creek, they also have a pier for fishing, I did not have a problem with this place and the front desk gave us a good Carolina barbeque place and the glass onion which is supposed to be above average.

Room Tip: Second floor is not too bad unless you don't like to climb stairs.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Deidra S, General Manager at Creekside Lands Inn, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Thank you so much for your wonderful review!! I'm so glad that you enjoyed yourself while being my guests!!! And I'm glad that my staff gave you great ideas for lunch & dinner!! Next time you're here, please make sure to tell us that you need a 1st floor room!! We can't always guarantee it, but we'll do our very best!! Glad you made it safely home & I know we'll see y'all again!!! Take care!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Seaford, Delaware
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

I complained to the desk that my room did not seem clean. I found a piece of broken beer bottle on the carpet. They did not clean their tile. After questioning and being told it was clean, my husband took wet towels and wiped it down--it was filthy. There was blood on the back of the bathroom door. There is nowhere to place your soap and shampoo--no tub mats of any kind. There wasn't even a hook on the bathroom door to hang your pajamas--if you didn't mind hanging them over a bloody fingerprint! They were stingy with their towels--one worn-out tub mat, two bath towels, one hand towel & one wash cloth in a room for two? And they have a swimming pool! I guess you would have to drip dry. The umbrellas around the pool area are all broken and unsightly. We had one hanger in the closet area. The A/C was missing the knob to adjust the temperature. The only good thing was the beds were clean and no bed bugs.

Room Tip: If you want a clean bed without bed bugs, this is the place for you. Everything else was terrible a...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your review!! I want to apologize that the room wasn't cleaned properly!! I've took one night on myself & credited it back to the card that you used to pay with!! If you need anything else, please email me at info@creeksidelandsinn.com. Again I do apologize & ask that you give us another try!!! Glad you made it safely home & I hope you take care!!!
Southampton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

After a manic few days following Queens of The Stone Age round North Carolina and Georgia, we decided to explore a bit more of the area, check out local history and nature, and wind down a bit.
Hotel prices in Charleston were a bit stripey, and on looking further afield, we stumbled upon this place; less than half the price of in town.
A 10 min drive out towards Savannah, and situated on the main road, however, the way its set out, the road is not a problem, noise-wise.
There are no restaurants within walking distance, so make sure you eat before you leave Charleston, or at any of a number of fast food or the Italian place on the way back.
Having said that, there are microwaves in the rooms, and there is also an outside BBQ/grill area.
As a big wildlife fan, I was in my element sat by the creek watching all the critters and birdlife. It was possible to hear the road from there (it crosses the creek just after the hotel) but it wasn`t intrusive, and didn`t really affect the ambience.
There is also a pleasant little jetty with a seating area over the water.
The staff were all very friendly and accommodating, and constantly cleaning and tending to the grounds.
Breakfast wasn`t anything to write home about, but as a lot of US hotels that we`ve stayed in don`t provide anything in the mornings, so we counted our blessings with what we had!
Oh and the swimming pool was ample, and very welcome to relax in after our manic previous few days.
Would definitely stay here again if we ever get back down that way.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Deidra S, General Manager at Creekside Lands Inn, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Thank you so much for your wonderful review of my hotel!!! I'm so glad that you decided to do some exploring!!! Glad you enjoyed my property but I have to ask....what would've made breakfast better?? Email me back at info@creeksidelandsinn.com & let me know!!! Glad you made it safely home & hope to see you again in the future!!!! Take care!!
Newnan, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Just returned from a trip to Charleston. We have stayed in the historic section and decided to stay outside this time. Disappointed. The good things first. Setting is very good, nice grounds with picnic tables and grills. Chairs set up to see sunset. Right on Savannah Hwy, but quiet. About a 20 min. drive into main part of Charleston.
Upon check-in, our entire 3 day stay was charged to our credit card. When we mentioned that we might not stay all 3 nites, clerk said that we would have to discuss with manager, who was not available.
However, although many reviewers have raved about the remodel, it was not evident in our room, 228. Upon arrival, we saw a cigarette burn in our bedspread, in a non-smoking room. A call to the front desk. We were told that these had been smoking rooms, and sometimes things happen. TV. No remote for TV, for the cable only. TV had to be turned on manually, and it went to channel 46. Then you had to step it down to channel 3 by hand so that the remote could change channels. Remote did not control volume. Not a flat screen TV. Reported this problem to front desk Sat. am at breakfast. Never fixed. Refrigerator froze drinks. Microwave did not work. Bathroom door-trim coming off, door does not close properly. Saturday, after being out for a while, we returned to room about 3pm and found that there were NO towels in room. Found housekeeper. She said that she removes towels to wash them. She said that she was working alone, had a sore back, and was taking care of new check-ins first. At that point I told her that we would take care of our own room each day, just as long as we could get clean towels, toilet paper, etc. as needed. On Sunday, we met a couple leaving and asked them about their experience in their room. They had the same thing happen to them with towels, linens, and informed the maid that they also would care for their own room.
I understand that with a low rate comes compromises. However, much can be done here in the way of improvement.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
I do apologize for the issues you had with your stay...my email is info@creeksidelandsinn.com if you'd like to further discuss this!!! Glad you made it safely home & please take care!!!
Daphne, Alabama
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

In a beautiful setting, close to Charleston. Price was fabulous. However, when we walked in lobby TV (playing rock) was so loud I could hardly hear desk clerk. She didn't turn it down. First room had very wet carpet around A/C. Bugs in bathroom. Second room, A/C not working. Third room, A/C came on sluggishly and finally coughed up cold air. Third room was clean but very run down. Had old style TV in it. Perhaps we were in a section that had not been renovated. We skipped breakfast as coffee was poor. With a little TLC this could be a great place to stay. So sorry to say we won't stay there again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Let me apologize that you had a number of issues with your stay...I want you to contact me at info@creeksidelandsinn.com & tell me your name, room #, dates of stay, etc...Please let me look into these problems & do something for you!!!! I'll be waiting to hear from you!!!!
Auburn, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

The rooms were older but very clean. Hotel manager, Diedra, went out of her way to help with a tv conflict...my son brought his Xbox & the tv in room was so old it didn't have any place to hook up system!! I brought this to her attention & the next afternoon when we returned from our outings & there was a new tv in room that had the necessary hookups!! The staff recommended attractions to us, gave us coupons & directions! Breakfast was very good also...my boys liked making their own waffles!!! Beautiful view at night off the little fishing pier. Great, affordable place to stay!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your wonderful review!!! And I'm glad the Xbox worked for the 2nd night!!! And thank you for putting that if you tell me, I will get it fixed, if at all humanly possible!!!! That's all you have to do is communicate with us!!! I'm so glad y'all enjoyed yourselves while here!!!! Take care & come back anytime you can!!!!
Americatrip
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

We booked this hotel on creeksidelandsinn.com and were a little skeptical as we didnt know what to expect but plesantly suprised with the quality of the rooms and the landscaping. The fishing dock on the property was a added value especially in the evening during the sunset.
The staff was very helpful and knowledgeable.
We will definitely come back to Creekside Lands Inn.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your review!!! And I'm super glad that y'all were pleasantly surprised with your stay & with my hotel!!!! =) I'm so glad that you enjoyed the property, it is a nice lil spot!!! Take care & I'm glad you made it safely home!!! Hope to see you again soon!!!

Been to Creekside Lands Inn? Share your experiences!