“Great place, dog friendly and friendly staff!” 4 of 5 stars

Creekside Lands Inn
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2545 Savannah Hwy, Charleston, SC 29414   |
Ranked #42 of 57 Hotels in Charleston
Middle River, Maryland
“Great place, dog friendly and friendly staff!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

We travelled from Maryland (about 10 hrs) with 3 small dogs and arrived before check-in time. Diedra was quick to have a room made available for us with only a short wait. The rooms were clean and the grounds were beautiful. They're also well insulated - didn't hear a peep from other rooms. Views are gorgeous. Julia with the hotel staff even helped us walk our dogs! Sorry we didn't get to say good bye to her. The pool was open before Memorial Day which was a blessing and very appreciated! Great breakfast - make your own waffles, danish, muffins, cereal, fruit, yogurt, sausage gravy and biscuits. Not the typical continental breakfast in MD. All in all these people treat you like family. I'll stay here again the next time I'm in Charleston.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Deidra S, General Manager at Creekside Lands Inn, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
Thank you so much for your wonderful words & review of my hotel!!! I'm so glad that you made it safely here after such a long drive & yes I did get you in as soon as possible!!!! You have some of the sweetest little doggies.....& they were perfect little angels while here!! Not one complaint!!! =) I told Julia goodbye for you! And I'm so glad you enjoyed the breakfast & property like you did!!! I try to give my guests something that they can't always get at a franchise....Take care & come back as soon as you can!!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

My family was relocating back to Charleston and needed short term housing. Found this hotel online and after calling many hotels, I was so impressed with how eager and excited there were to accommodate us. Rooms look like corporate Marriott, as I should know having traveled for over 10 years for work. Great bedding, microwave and fridge were convenient and again the staff, so accommodating. We will be here a month, but I am enjoying our "holiday" while we wait on our house. I feel at home while on what my kids think is a holiday!! Thanks Deidra for your warm welcome to Charleston. You guys are the best!

Room Tip: Ask for newer remodeled room
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Deidra S, General Manager at Creekside Lands Inn, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Thank you so much for your awesome review!!! It was my pleasure in helping you find temporary housing until your new place is ready for your family!!! And thank you for recognizing our new look...I love the new furniture & glad my guests do too!!!! Enjoy your holiday!!! And I hope the kids just have a ball!!!! Thank you again for your wonderful words & review!!! Its guests like you & your family, that keep me in this industry!!! Take care & thank you again!!! =)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed here while traveling. They are in the process of renovations and I was a little weary, but a friend had highly recommended this place, so I gave it a try. I called and made reservations and spoke with the nicest front desk clerk, named Taylor , she was very extremely helpful, she helped me lay out most of my trip before I had even arrived. When i arrived, I met the GM Deidra, and these two ladies made me feel at home. The room was nice and clean and had new furniture and great beds . The TV was the only thing that I saw that hadn't been updated. Other than the appearance of renovations, the location and scenery were amazing! Deidra and Taylor were so great to me, that soon, the renovations had completely left my mind! I give the staff a definite 5 stars ! I am eagerly anticipating my return trip when renovations will be complete!! The fishing and crabbing dock makes for an amazing view as well! I will highly recommend this place to my friends and family! All of us that travel, know that things will go wrong from time to time, but I couldn't have asked for anyone better to deal with these things, than the CREEKSIDE STAFF!!

• Stayed April 2013
Deidra S, General Manager at Creekside Lands Inn, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thank you so much for your thoughtful & kind words in your review!!! I get such a great feeling in my heart when I read how much my guests appreciate & enjoy my staff & the property!!! I am working on getting the new tv's...=) I couldn't agree more!!! I'm so glad that you enjoyed the dock, its my little getaway here at work!!! Take care & again...THANK YOU!!! And also, tell the friend who recommended us to you, that I said Thank you also!!! Come back anytime you can!!!!
Sherwood, OH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

I've stayed here many times and I think the place is a great value and a good location. Downtown Charleston properties would cost significantly more and the downtown is only a 15-20 minute drive. I was especially pleased on my most recent 3 night stay that most everything was completely refurbished such as new beds, mattresses, and great pillows. New furniture, carpet, etc. The only thing not new in the room was the giant, old tube-style tv. It really looked out of place in an otherwise attractive and updated room. The lobby was also completely re-done in a very attractive way with a fireplace separating a lounge area and the opposite side is a breakfast area with a flatscreen television above the fireplace. The breakfast is great! Make your own waffles, danish, Dannon yogurt, fruit, cereal, and more. The staff is friendly and accomodating to requests and I always feel comfortable and at home. I love the Charleston area and this location offers me a quiet and comfortable place to stay at a great price.

Room Tip: Since I am a light sleeper, I prefer the upstairs rooms.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Deidra S, General Manager at Creekside Lands Inn, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Thank you so much for your wonderful & kind review!!! I'm glad that you noticed all of our updates here & I'm glad that you enjoyed it!!! I love the new design of the lobby & the way the whole property is going. I'm working on updating the televisions because I couldn't agree with you more, that's the last piece of our puzzle!! Oh, & since you're a light sleeper, just let us know when you make your reservation that you need upstairs, no problems!! Take care & come back to see us again as soon as you can!!!
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

I sure can understand that they want to fill the rooms but if amenities -the pool- which is why I booked( looks lovely on photos) is being resurfaced and is empty AND my savored view - is of a storage unit in the parking lot? The best of all is being next door to a tile saw on the balcony which is still going at 8pm. Awfully disappointed- we must have hit the "we don't care season". Shame the prices are the same as "Southern Hospitality season". Won't be back- and I am truly not picky.

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you for your review....I want to start off by apologizing that my pool wasn't ready for you to use. It is being redone because of some maintenance issues we were having, I know its happening at a bad time, but if it wasn't being fixed, it still wouldn't be useable. And I want to apologize for the noisy sawing....we are trying to get everything completed as soon as humanly possible. But let me correct one thing.....There is never a "we don't care season" on my property. Not as long as I'm around & breathing!! Take care & I invite you to come back once renovations are complete. I promise you won't be let down again!!!
Rockwell, North Carolina, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I had found this hotel during my search for room blocking for an inexpensive cost fro my upcoming wedding (March 2013) and I called and spoke to Deidra personally and not only did she walk me through all the costs and policies on payment, but she reserved the rooms I needed for my family and friends that were needing a less expensive choice for their stay in Charleston for my wedding. Upon check-in, the girl at the desk did an amazing job sorting through all the rooms and payments. There was a mix up that we found later on, an extra room charged-but I emailed Deidra and it was looked into quickly and refunded right back to my card! As for the rooms-all my guests were happy and my grandparents and mother from Pennsylvania along with my 4 year old daughter all stayed in one room-the first night they had some trouble with the heat and hot water so the next day I went to the desk and they moved them to a newly renovated room that was much better without hesitation. The housekeeping and other staff were very friendly and helpful! My 4 year old daughter and my family said they really enjoyed the beds and the breakfast-so I was very happy! Not only a money saving place but a family friendly place close to a lot of great things in Charleston! I will recommend!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Deidra S, General Manager at Creekside Lands Inn, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Thank you so much for your wonderful review!!! And Congratulations again on your wedding!!! It was a pleasure having you & your family here with us!!! They were all so sweet.....& glad to be in Charleston!!!! =) I'm glad that everyone had a wonderful weekend with us....& of course celebrating you & your new husband!!!!! Take care & I do hope that everyone will come back to visit us again......soon!!!! =)
prosperity
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Have been staying here for years, not conveiniently located to downtown Charleston, but if you're going to Folly or Kiawah beaches, good location, Always clean and front desk people are always friendly, also enjoy the crabbing dock.Great value for the money.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for being a loyal & valued guest here at the Creekside Lands Inn!!! Its guests like you & your family that keep us going!!!! =) So glad that you got to enjoy the crabbing dock while your here....that's my favorite spot on the property!!!! Again, thank you for the kind words & come back anytime you can!!!

Been to Creekside Lands Inn? Share your experiences!