New Year's Eve is probably the busiest time of the year so that does have to be considered however the staff here is hit or miss. - This is important because the lounge/restaurant is a strong selling point of this hotel. This hotel has one of the best views of the Charleston bay area (day or night) so although my husband and I are not "bar sitters" nor do we like to eat and frequent the same places over and over, just going to the top of the hotel to have coffee and dessert or a nightcap on a daily basis should have been a relaxing and enjoyable experience, it wasn't always so. In the 5 day/4 nights there the bar/lounge was terrible, they either need a customer service class or talking to by management, the restaurant staff was much more attentive and personable (you'll miss Kevin, he retired on NYE after 32+ years and was most gracious, congratulations!) ... The food was great! Excellent she-crab soup and the best roast beef sandwich with REAL au jus sauce! The same to say for the front desk, some could make your day or night just by the way they greeted you and a few would make you feel like you were an inconvenience.
The rooms are on the small side but were clean and though the hotel is approximately 40 years old, they are somewhat updated and again, the views are beautiful!
Hotel offers a shuttle to and from downtown Charleston a couple times a day which is great since street parking is metered, parking lots are costly and there is no free parking anywhere.
Sliding doors to the balconies are permanently locked (for the guests safety) and driving access to the hotel is quite confusing, a lot of one way streets and around the block enter/exit only entry ways - a little frustrating, and although there is complimentary coffee in the morning because there is a restaurant in the hotel there is no complimentary breakfast.
Overall, the Holiday Inn Charleston Riverview is a nice hotel that is about 3 minutes from downtown historic Charleston. Lovely views with a restaurant on site and away from the tourist trap, just have patience with getting in and out of the hotel and "some" of their employees.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Charleston Riverview Hotel
- Holiday Inn Charleston Riverview Hotel Charleston
- Holiday Inn Charleston
- Charleston Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All the beauty, romance and adventure of Historic Charleston, South Carolina are located right outside the front doors of the Holiday Inn Charleston Riverview. On the banks of the Ashley River you are just minutes from Charleston with its many restaurants, shops and historic attractions. If you are looking for a day at the beach three of South Carolinas most beautiful beaches are within 10 minutes of our hotel. Join us in the Harbor View Restaurant and Lounge for spectacular views and authentic Low Country cuisine.The 'Round' Holiday Inn is conveniently situated on Highway 17, with easy access to Charleston's corporate and commercial centers as well as The Citadel, MUSC and the College of Charleston. Experience a Charleston landmark and true southern hospitality at the Holiday Inn Riverview. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Charleston Riverview reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.