“Nice place to stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #47 of 57 Hotels in Charleston
A TripAdvisor Member
“Nice place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

This spot was clean, orderly, and in a great area. The staff was friendly and very knowledgeable obout things to do in the city. The brekfast didn't have much variety that first morning, so ate out the remainder of the trip. Overall it was a great stay and I will return again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
Savannah, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

I am sorry to say that this hotel needs to be redone by management, or whomever. Extremely dirty. We booked it online and once we arrived, went in our room, we immediately left.The whole room needs to be cleaned, redone, carpets ripped out, furniture is old, crooked, just terrible. The phone was white in color, but covered in dirt so looked black. It's too bad, and I hate to be so critical, but maybe if they read their reviews, they will turn the hotel around.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

Booked this hotel online and needed an inexpensive place to stay for for extended work trip.
I had to change room for one reason or another...I had checked out a few other hotels and they were really expensive...this one was right on a bay of water with a marina across the street.
For the first 2 weeks I complained at least 5 times how bad the housekeeping was in my room...they made the beds and changed the towels, and NOTHING else...Finally the last week they upgraded me to a large room, with frig and micro, which I had already brought my own in...I was working very long and hard hours and just tried to ignore the filth that was all around me...I would put on a clean pair white socks when I would get in from work, and within 2 hours in the room, the bottoms of the socks were black. I tried being nice to the staff when coming and going, but they were just lazy...especially one by the name of Mary....completely useless.
I just wanted to finish the job and go home...I didn't want the hassle of hunting down new hotels for my final week...When I approached MARY..about an additional week's stay she informed me that the rate was going up because of the type of room I was in...Now this is the room that THEY upgraded me to...because their service was so bad...I left 2 messages for the manager to call me, one when I was checking out and ask MARY to call the manager that I wanted to speak with him....she would not call the manager , and no calls were ever returned by the manager...
This is not the worst hotel I have ever stayed in...but it is in the top 5...and I travel a lot all over the world...but this was the dirtiest hotel I have ever stayed in....floors all through the hotel were digesting...one night I came in to find police all up in the drive way with a car they were searching...I ask the night man what was going on and he said...prostitution! Well that just said it...this is the kind of place that deals with that...I was very lucky and got a real hotel for my final stay just a block away...for only $5 a night more I had a REAL NICE Holiday Inn...3 STAR...with a restaurant and free wifi, and a CLEAN ROOM...When I checked out I reminded them about all the times I had ask for the room to be CLEANED, and how filthy the rooms were...PIGS STY...and left with MARY a napkin filled with a big clump of long blond hair, that was sitting on my room floor for 7 nights and was never cleaned up...I have short br/grey hair...NOT MINE!!!...TRASHY PLACE...bring lots of sanitizer with you if you make the big mistake of booking in the hotel...I'll never stay at a La Quinta again.

Room Tip: Book somewhere else
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Chapin, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

Good access to downtown Charleston, walking distance to California Restaurant , nice harbor view. Would stay again. Rooms were decent. ok breakfast, but need better cereal instead of Fruit Loops. The area is quiet and there is lots of parking.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

We were in town for a family wedding and this hotel was so centrally located to everywhere. All the hotel staff was so friendly and helpful. We had a room with an extremely comfortable king size bed with nice pillows. The room was very clean and spacious. Breakfast was open each morning until 10 am on the weekend and 9 am on the weekdays. Be sure you're not late because they are very prompt at the end times! We had a great time in Charleston and would definitely stay at the La Quinta Riverview again.

various
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

We love LaQuinta's! But . . . . . this particular hotel is very dirty and unkept. We should have known when we arrived and saw the finger-printed windows. Rooms, elevators, floors in hallways, etc. all dirty and had various debris. Secondly, security! Access through outside doors without a room key! We loved the location. . . . date of stay October 22-24, 2013. . . . .come one, let's get this place cleaned and updated!

St. George, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Room was fine except the toilet seat broke immediately. Checked in on a Friday night and was told breakfast was from 6-9am. Well, on Saturday breakfast starts at 7am so when we went down to eat at 6:15, nothing was set up. Paid for shuttle service to downtown and driver was very polite and helpful but there was a female employee in the passenger seat and she spent the whole trip talking loudly on her phone. Check-in and check-out were very quick and easy.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Charleston Riverview? Share your experiences!