We stayed at the embassy suites, historic area of charleston. This was originally the citadel, turned into a hotel. Fun to stay in this building with so much history. As always the hotel is clean and the breakfasts great. Staff very helpful and in a great location. Rooms are a bit smaller than other embassy suites I have stayed in but you have your living room as well as a bedroom so not a problem. After all you can't change the size of an old fort. Pool area was lovely as well as the patio. we had breakfast and managers reception there. There is a shuttle that takes you to market st but you can walk it. King street is just thru the park. Shops and restaurants galore. Would definitely recommend this hotel as compared to others in the area for value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A historic landmark, within the walls of the original Citadel, the Embassy Suites Historic Charleston is a grand restoration and is well located, adjacent to Marion Square, and walking distance to many major Charleston attractions including the College of Charleston, MUSC, fabulous restaurants and King Street shopping. Enjoy our complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast and nightly Manager's reception. We look forward to welcoming you to the Holy City with warm, Southern hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Agoda, Hilton Hotels, getaroom.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Embassy Suites Charleston - Historic Charleston reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Historic Charleston Hotel Charleston
- Embassy Suites Charleston
- Charleston Embassy Suites