History abound in and around the hotel which was the original Citadel. The hotel is situated in the heart of Charleston. Charleston is the place if you love history.
The lobby and lounge area is tasteful and quite beautiful in the evening. Free drinks are served around five or six o'clock and that's nice, The free breakfast is so so. The rooms are a bit odd in that they were probably once dorm rooms; thus they are not your typical hotel suites. In most hotels there is a closet in the front foyer; our suite only had a wardrobe in the back bedroom. There needs to be a wardrobe in the living room or front room. Also the furniture is drab and could use some refurbishing.
It's worth about $150 a night because of the location. I must admit the staff there was warm,courteous and hospitable. However, I would not stay there again because it's just too pricy for the accomodations.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A historic landmark, within the walls of the original Citadel, the Embassy Suites Historic Charleston is a grand restoration and is well located, adjacent to Marion Square, and walking distance to many major Charleston attractions including the College of Charleston, MUSC, fabulous restaurants and King Street shopping. Enjoy our complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast and nightly Manager's reception. We look forward to welcoming you to the Holy City with warm, Southern hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hilton Hotels, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire and Odigeo so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Charleston - Historic Charleston reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Historic Charleston Hotel Charleston
- Embassy Suites Charleston
- Charleston Embassy Suites