“Good value” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #46 of 59 Hotels in Charleston
Murrells Inlet, South Carolina
“Good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

My husband and I stayed one night. The location was good with the free shuttle to Charleston nearby. Room was clean and well equipped. Complementary breakfast had a good selection and comfortable seating arrangements.

The manager and front desk staff was excellent. They printed detailed directions to both a restaurant and Patroit's Point.

On our next trip to Charleston, we would definitely stay at the Comfort Inn Charleston again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

This hotel is a little way from the Historic Centre, but the trolley stop is just outside. The room was clean and acceptable. Breakfast was dreadful, plastic plates and cutlery, the worst coffee I have ever been offered, and the food of the cheapest variety. The tables were dirty, guests having to clean them for themselves. There is a pool, of the concrete frying pan type, but there is nothing to commend this place.

Room Tip: Don't try
Odenton, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

Do not believe the terrible reviews of this hotel. My wife and I stayed for 4 nights . The room was clean and large , and the beds were comfortable. Parking could be a problem but there is parking under the bridge. We did not have a problem with parking..We stayed in room 608 .
Location was next to the free trolley and took about 20 minutes to get into town. Breakfast was ok.
Over-all would definitely stay again and recommend.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
comforinn11, Director of Operations at Comfort Inn Downtown Charleston, responded to this review, June 15, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about the Comfort Inn Charleston. We are so pleased that you not only enjoyed the 4 nights your stayed with us. While we all agree that the free trolley is a wonderful way to see Charleston I sincerely hope you saved your gas money and enjoyed a delicoius dinner. Please call us again on your next trip to Charleston we would love to welcome you back.
La Crosse, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

We called from another hotel in the area on Friday night after checking in and realizing we had made a bad hotel choice. The lady was friendly and helpful, I asked for the rates and she gave them to me, I explained the situation and she offered me a reduced rate. After ensuring we could get a refund on our second night we called back and were told that they were glad we called because they could give us a better rate. We were very excited! We checked in Saturday and were so happy to be in a beautiful, clean room were everything worked. We were only sad that we only got it for one night and Friday we had stayed in the scariest place. If I had to complain about anything it would be that the sink was in the room with the tub and toilet, but not a real problem as there were other mirrors in the room where someone could get ready while the other showered. So happy we found this hotel. Will check into using it on our next trip with the family...hope we can get good rates then too.

Room Tip: Floor 4 has the laundry so it smells good. I think any room would be nice.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
I have to say that being called a "life saver" is one of the nicest reviews we have read. It is always our pleasurer to make our guest happy. I am so glad that you were taken care of and were offere a reduced rate. I sincerely feel that your weekend was made better when you moved to the Comfort Inn Charleston. For this I want to say "thank you". You gave us the opportunity to serve you and hopefully for you to become a long time guest at the Comfort Inn Charleston. Please visit us again I am sure there is more to the city that you have not seen.
Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for two nights in late April. If you don't want to drive into the busier parts of Charleston, it's location is ideal as the free trolley stops right near the front door! We used the free trolleys to access almost all the sights we wanted to see in Charleston. There are also several restaurants within walking distance as well as an extensive medical campus. The hotel was clean, roomy, and had a plentiful breakfast included. We would stay here again on another trip to Charleston.

Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Pooler, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

WOW! If you want your trip to include being put in a room you did not order and not being able to change it, being charged a half day rate to put your bags in the room before 3 PM and having the nasty woman manager yell and SWEAR at you for complaining about this the next morning when the front desk asks you how you enjoyed your stay, then THIS IS THE PLACE FOR YOU! Yes, we were put in the wrong room (2 beds instead of 1) and they could NOT change it despite the reservations we made several weeks prior, and yes, they wanted to charge us an extra half day for putting our bags in the room and YES the manager yelled "screw you" as we were leaving (although I yelled back at her on the way out and the lobby was full) because I told the front desk that our stay was horrible, the bathtub was dirty and I got NO sleep because my husband just had outpatient surgery and had trouble waking up so I stayed up all night to watch him instead of just being able to lay next to him with my hand on his belly to make sure he kept breathing. The only reason I gave 1 star is because there is no ZERO star rating. The witchy manager HAS TO GO!! We stayed at the Best Western 2 blocks away last week for another surgery and the stay could not have gone any smoother, we got the right room and everyone from the front desk to housekeeping were extremely friendly. DISCOMFORT INN CHARLESTON SC SUCKS!!!!!!!

Room Tip: you want a good stay, go somewhere else!!!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Scarborough, Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

We chose this hotel as it was close to the downtown historic area but not as pricey as the hotels in the historic area. Overall this was a good hotel with clean rooms, good beds and good staff service. They have the usual Comfort Inn continental breakfast which was good but you should get there early as it's a busy hotel and some foods can run out. If you want to go to the historic district I would recommend do not take the transit from the hotel but take a taxi instead. Taxis are affordable and get you where you want. Taking transit is quite slow, and need to transfer to another line from the one that picks you up.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Comfort Inn Downtown Charleston? Share your experiences!