“Exquisite!!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dessert, Takeout
Durham, NC
“Exquisite!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

My sister demanded that I go by Sugar Bakeshop & try their goodies. I surrended to the ginger molasses, chocolate chip and M&M cookies. I also bought strawberry, German chocolate, caramel and coconut cupcakes. Absolutely, incredibly EXQUISITE...all of it!!! This vintage-themed shop is bubbling with personality & a staff that is genuinely friendly! All of which further supports why Sugar Bakeshop is a must - have when in Charleston!!

Oakland Park, Florida
“Great cookies and cupcakes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

Very inventive flavor combinations. Frostings are very rich. Try the mini-cupcakes--just the right amount. Fresh strawbery frosting--delicious. Cupcakes with fresh fruit fillings.

Visited March 2014
Burlington, North Carolina
“Cupcakes with butter cream icing mmmm!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

I travel to Charleston often and every time i do i have to come get some cupcakes here. They make there very own homemade butter cream icing that is so creamy and sweet and delicious that it melts in your mouth. I always get the cupcakes and i can never eat just one. I suggest that you go if you have never been trust me you will not regret it.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Knoxville, TN
“Really Glad We Visited”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

We were staying at the Indigo Inn on Meeting Street and decided to walk to the Sugar Bakeshop to try some of their cupcakes. We've been to Charleston many many times, but had never visited this particular side of downtown. The walk looked a little daunting on the map, but actually it was very nice and about a 25 minute trek walking at maximum speed.

The cupcakes were astounding! We each tried one cupcake, and then came back the next day (again walking) for more. It's a fantastic little place and fits right in the historical downtown. Will be back on our next Charleston visit.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Anderson, South Carolina
“Butter cream...butter yum!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

We tried the vanilla cupcake with butter cream icing and the almond coconut chocolate cupcake. My chocolate one was a little too sweet for me, but man was the vanilla butter cream good! You could tell both of them were fresh and homemade. This is an all out second to my favorite place in Tennessee. I plan on going back on subsequent trips and trying many more cupcakes.

Visited March 2014