“The best!!! Truly baked with love!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #169 of 758 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: Bakery, Coffee Shop, Dessert
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Takeout, Delivery, Late Night, Dessert
Description: Cupcake’s locally-owned bakery churns out innovative concoctions using the finest all-natural ingredients, like real vanilla beans, sweet cream butter, fresh fruit & rich chocolate. We top them with our signature homemade icing, colorful sprinkles, Reese's, Andes candies, chocolate covered almonds, chocolate chips & more. Enjoy one of 9 daily favorites or try one of our 50 seasonal specials!
New Jersey
“The best!!! Truly baked with love!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

Whenever I go to Charleston, this is the first stop on my list. I sit down have a cupcake and bring a dozen back to the hotel. I wish I could give everyone in the world this like cake o'bliss!!!!

Kristin C, Public Relations Manager at Cupcake, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a sweet review! We are so happy to hear we are the first stop on your visit to Charleston! We look forward to serving you again and hope you have a sweet day!

Norfolk, New York
“Yummy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

I had teh Caramel Macchiato cupcake and it was amazing. Just the right size for a treat. I recommend visiting here and try one of the delicious cupcakes.

Visited June 2013
Kristin C, Public Relations Manager at Cupcake, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review! We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed the Caramel Macchiato Cupcake! We hope you have a sweet day and look forward to serving you again soon!
Charleston, South Carolina
“YUM”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

We live in Charleston and consider "Cupcake" to be one of the many perks of the city. I get a red velvet "mega" and half a dozen assorted for my teenager's birthday every year and the girls all RAVE. These cupcakes are the best and the staff is great.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Kristin C, Public Relations Manager at Cupcake, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Thank you so much for your sweet review! Our mega cupcakes make the best birthday cakes! We are thrilled to hear your daughter enjoyed it so much!
We hope you have a sweet day and look forward to serving you again soon!
Alexandria, Virginia
“Perfect Treat!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

We stopped at Cupcake on a Friday afternoon for a quick treat after a day of shopping. The bakery was cute and the staff were very friendly. We were having a hard time deciding which flavors to order so the server gave us suggesting and descriptions of what was in each treat.

The cupcakes were moist and fresh. The cake to icing ration was a little bit much but I ate every bite!

I'd return again in a heart beat to try other flavors.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Kristin C, Public Relations Manager at Cupcake, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Thank you so much for your kind review! We are thrilled you enjoyed your cupcake and experience! We hope you have a sweet day and look forward to serving you again soon!
tucson, az
“It Was Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

We had seen Cupcake Downsouth the previous day and it sounded familiar for some reason, but they were closed for a holiday break.
Our group of five, which included two teenagers, needed a treat after a grueling day of sightseeing.
Today was our chance! I like to sample cupcakes from all over and this being our first trip to Charleston, they got the vote. So in we went.
I always ask before taking photos in any establishment, and this was no exception. I have to say that I was taken aback by the response that I got, “it’s your cupcake”, with just a hint of attitude.
HMMM.
Not, ‘sure that’d be great’, or ‘do you write for …’, nothing.
I gotta tell ya', you never know who a customer may be… and so with that being said, I found their cupcakes simply average.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Kristin C, Public Relations Manager at Cupcake, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review and visit us while in Charleston. We appreciate your feedback and will address the situation to ensure that we are able to exceed your expectations.

We hope that you enjoyed your Cupcake! We hope you have a sweet day and look forward to serving you again!