“A delicious treat!” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Coffee Shop, Dessert, Bakeries
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dessert, Delivery, Late Night, Takeout
Description: Cupcake’s locally-owned bakery churns out innovative concoctions using the finest all-natural ingredients, like real vanilla beans, sweet cream butter, fresh fruit & rich chocolate. We top them with our signature homemade icing, colorful sprinkles, Reese's, Andes candies, chocolate covered almonds, chocolate chips & more. Enjoy one of 9 daily favorites or try one of our 50 seasonal specials!
“A delicious treat!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

So yummy. If you're looking for the occasional diabetic coma, this is your spot. Lots of icing, yummy cake, can't really be beat.

Charleston, South Carolina
“Good cupcakes, but too expensive.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

If you like cupcakes, you'll like these. Pretty expensive compared to others I've had. I like Gigi's out of Nashville much better. I heard that's coming here, but either way, it's not that this is a bad place at all. You're just paying King Street prices.

Visited April 2012
Charleston, SC
“So delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Cupcake's frosting-rich cupcakes are *delightful* in every sense. The shelves of prettily frosted cupcakes, the baking smell that greets you when you walk in the door, and most of all the taste... SO delicious! I can't stop my eyes from closing when I take those first few bites. Even the simplest flavors like vanilla are like taking a bite of childhood. I'm now gluten-free but before I was, the carrot cupcake was one of my favorites. (When I was a child, I never thought *any* kind of carrot cake would be even close to my favorite, but the cream cheese icing paired with the moist carrot cake is not to be missed.) Now that I can't eat gluten, I really appreciate Cupcake's gluten-free Tuesdays; the vanilla with chocolate is to die for. I've seen some people spoon off a bit of the frosting, but not me; I eat every last bit of cake *and* frosting. For me it's the combination that makes it heavenly. When my sister comes into town from Omaha, Cupcake is on her priority list; someone from my family has usually gotten her some of the Cupcake gift tokens and she's already juggling them in her hand soon after I greet her.

• Visited December 2012
“Yummy and unique!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013 via mobile

The Carmel Macchiato cupcake was to die for! It tasted exactly like a Carmel macchiato from Starbucks!

Denmark, South Carolina
“Great Cupcakes, Not Enough Seats”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

Stopped in for a quick dessert while in Charleston after hearing rave reviews about Cupcake. They serve two things: cupcakes and cake pops and both are tasty and filling. I had the red velvet and my girlfriend had the chocolate. Both are very rich and the icing is packed on.

It was worth the stop, we will do it again. Just wish they had a few more seats or a bench outside so that I could enjoy my sweet treat a little more.

• Visited January 2013