“Great Cupcakes” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Coffee Shop, Dessert, Bakeries
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dessert, Delivery, Late Night, Takeout
Description: Cupcake’s locally-owned bakery churns out innovative concoctions using the finest all-natural ingredients, like real vanilla beans, sweet cream butter, fresh fruit & rich chocolate. We top them with our signature homemade icing, colorful sprinkles, Reese's, Andes candies, chocolate covered almonds, chocolate chips & more. Enjoy one of 9 daily favorites or try one of our 50 seasonal specials!
Roanoke, Virginia
“Great Cupcakes”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

Was visiting a friend in for the weekend and had lunch downtown and one of my requests was to go to Cupcake. I had the Caramel Macciatto and it was scrumptious. The black and white was good too. Cupcakes were displayed nicely in this tiny little shop.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Tiny shop with lovely cupcakes”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012 via mobile

Tried it for the 1st time today, cakes are very moist but the icing is very sweet and over powering to the point I had to take it off and just eat the cake. I didn't think it's the best cupcakes I've had but it's in the top 5. Price per cupcake is kinda average at $2.50 or $3. But i do love the different types of cupcake they offer like peach cobbler and banana pudding.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Charleston, South Carolina, United States
“average cupcake”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

It doesn't taste any better than a ready mix box from the store. It's about the same. I've given it 3 chances and still it hasn't wowed me.

Visited May 2012
Cowpens, South Carolina, United States
“These cupcakes are truly exceptional.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

The special flavors of these cupcakes are a must-try, especially the salted caramel chocolate! The usual flavors are good also, with the Red Velvet being our choice.

Visited September 2012
“Delishhhhhhh!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012 via mobile

Sought out this place only coz I saw their ad mentioning Martha and Ellen saying they had the best cupcakes. Got the Chocolate Monkey which I swear tasted just like Ben & Jerry's Chunky Monkey ice cream which I like. Also got the White Chocolate Rasberry which was delicious. My husband elected not to have any and since I could not eat both at the same time, I saved a half from each for the next night and it was still moist and so delicious the next day too. Even though I thought there was too much icing I still ate it all! I don't normally buy cupcakes coz I think they are inflated costing cakes but these were ok priced and I just wanted to see if they really had the best. I believe they certainly lived up to that reputation.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere