“This is South Caroline Mexican !” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #354 of 758 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
“This is South Caroline Mexican !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

Spent 10 days in Charleston with family. They eat out a lot in Charleston and they took us to their favourite restaurants. I'm not a fan of Mexican food. However, this place was fantastic. The food was good, the Mexican beer lovely and the jugs of margaritas were to die for ! We went mid week and at the end of the evening there were other customers dancing by the bar, the atmosphere was superb - not at all what I was expecting. I'm still not a massive Mexican food fan, but I would eat at this place again and again.

• 3 of 5 stars Food

Charleston, SC
“My fav Mex in SC”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

I miss Santi's! Having recently moved away from Charleston, I have been desperately seeking a Mexican food replacement for my
south-of-the-border cravings. So far? No luck. And its killing me.

My wife and I were (nearly) once a week customers for at least 10 years, and I have the cholesterol numbers to prove it, but no matter. They have pills for that now. And Santi's it too good to miss.

Over the years we watched it grow from a true hole-in-the-wall to a well followed, even crowded favorite of Mex food lovers. And throughout 10 years of satisfying meals, we only enjoyed the food more with each visit.

Everything has a 'home style' qualily about it. From the site made chips (a delicious rarity), to the wide variety of sauces, unique soups that one rarely see on the on other establishment's 'americanized' mex menus, everything is fresh, tasty, fully satisfying. This is the real thing! We always appreciated the number of 'real Mexican' workers who flocked there for dishes like their Mother's made.

Back this past weekend for a quick CHS visit, I passed on more famous venues, opting for my favorite Mex in SC. Its still delicious.
If you haven't, you've got to try it.

One perhaps not so positive comment. My review pertains to the location on Meeting Street, only. There's also a location in Summerville, but with each visit there, I left feeling that their recipes aren't as consitent at downtown. BUT, if it was the only Santi's I could get, I'd still go.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Plymouth, Massachusetts
“Food was okay, but with service like this, I won't be back.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

First I must start by saying that, Unfortunately I have to use the meeting street location's site to review the mt pleasant site. That being said, the food at this location was pretty good. Chips and salsa, margaritas, and entrees were all good. But the service... I've never felt so unwelcome at a restaurant. The waiter was surely and un-attentive. It didn't look like we were the only ones to get this treatment. The managers need to reel it in, and fast. A place with service like this won't last long.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Charleston, South Carolina
“Tony does it right”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

Hood time for friends n family. I make it a habit to go every Sunday, Santi's Sunday yes sir. William is the man for service and Tony is the best manager of the downtown area.

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Coldspring, Texas
“Surprisingly Good Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012 via mobile

There is always a good crowd at this place. It looks like a bar, and perhaps at other times it may well be. At six o'clock in the evening it was a nice quiet Mexican restaurant. I saw a plaque that said "Best Margaritas in Charleston, 2011" I comment on this to the waiter. He said, "We have 13 of them." I had one. It was outstanding. The food was excellent! I had green enchiladas. I come from Texas. I know Mexican food. This ranked right up there with the best. All-in-all, a surprising positive experience. An additional plus, if you are a fan of the "Army Wives" TV show, the Hump Bar is right up the street.

• 5 of 5 stars Food