“Just ok” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Summerville, South Carolina
“Just ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

Went for lunch.Well,just ok spells it out.Entrees we're ok.Fried rice-kind of funky to sat the least.Nice layout as far as table set up.Good service,was a plus. Live in the Ville,so will not be a return visit for us.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Charleston, SC
“I see trees of green, red orchids too.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

The song What A Wonderful World by Louis Armstrong played as I was seated. Then it went to something much more upbeat. Diverse taste in music here.

The edamame was for starters. It's great everywhere I go. My entree was the coconut curry tofu and so gu-u-ud. But be warned, it's got a kick to it, so avoid if you aren't the biggest fan of caliente tofu. I also loved the fried rice in that it's much different from Chinese to go restaurants. Also, spring rolls are bangin.

They brought out the dessert menu, and a very appealing one at that, with if my memory serves me correctly, homemade ice cream. Saving room next time for purposes of a write up on that. Another all around great experience at Red Orchids tho, of which I'm sure many more are to come.

Charleston, South Carolina
“surprise for the rich menu”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

A friend of mine suggested this restaurant and yesterday I want there for dinner I was impressed by the very interesting menu and a lot of imagination. Very good Chines restaurant

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Charleston, SC
“Flavorful, delicious, and lots more good stuff to say”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

It's places like this that you tend to ignore when you live closest to them. I once lived in an apartment complex only minutes from this "hidden gem" of a restaurant. In quotations because it was never hidden, I just never took the time to discover it for myself. Now that I have moved back to the Charleston area, I'm glad I did just that tonight.

My appetizer was vegetable buns. Just think flour biscuits filled with rice and vegetables, and even better than they sound. The entree was tangerine chicken, which is sufficient enough of a portion to not order an appetizer. It's also such a delectable taste left in your mouth that you might not want to ruin it with anything else. For some reason, I opted for brown rice over white or fried, and will stick with fried next time to save the extra dollar. Brown is probably healthier in some way or another, but oh well.

Ann, the server tonight, is pleasant and really knows her stuff. Although I didn't order any beer or wine (gave up drinking), I discovered this by hearing her describe the specials to another party. Overall, highly recommended Chinese/Asian fare, in an unusual area as most others tend to say about it. I love the red sky lanterns and candlelit tables for decor. You see lots of what appear to be people on date nights dining here, and it's a nice place for something like that. Can't wait to experiment with their menu some more in the near future, since I once again live close by.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Port Hope, Michigan
“Great dinner spot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

Had dinner here with 5 the appetizer sampler plate is a great start not a big fan of hot and sour soup but theirs was terrific the tangerine chicken and the walnut shrimp are delish really enjoyed the meal will definitely stop again and is a fav with locals we had dinner with