“Excellent for the price!” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #34 of 54 Hotels in Charleston
Kata, Thailand
“Excellent for the price!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Very clean, right in the middle of town. Close enough to downtown without paying the downtown price. Waffles and pancakes for breakfast,with other asst. items. Would definitely stay here again. Comforable beds. Close enough to all attractions.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Bill R, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Sweetgrass Inn, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear virginiasmon1,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We really appreciate the opportunity to improve that forums such as this one afford us.

I was very happy to read that you found our property "excellent for the price". As we share these reviews with our staff, I am certain they will be delighted to know their hard work was noticed and appreciated.

Again, thank you so much for the review. We hope to serve you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Branson, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

This is an older motel with some cosmetic updates (new beds and flat-screen TVs). This motel is advertised as a 3-star facility on some websites, but we have stayed at much nicer (and cheaper) 2 1/2 star facilities. In general, we were disappointed.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear James L,

Thank you for taking the time to share your opinion regarding your recent visit with us. We really appreciate the feedback.

I am sorry you were disappointed by your experience with our property. We do try to insure that every guest enjoys not only their time in Charleston, but their visit with us as well. Obviously, in your case, we failed in that mission. I will share this review, as we do all reviews, with our staff so they can learn what impact their actions have.

Again, thank you so much. I hope you'll give us another chance.
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

The breakfast was just good, no variety to chose from- same thing everyday.The location was great about 8-10 min outside charleston very easy to and from. on route 17 which is the main road to everything. The room where very clean and comfortable. Front office was busy but they smiled and were quick to get to us.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Bill R, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Sweetgrass Inn, responded to this review, July 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. We really appreciate the feedback.

I was very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. We really do appreciate the feedback we get through forums such as this one.

Again, thank you so much. We hope to serve you again.
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

we had beed recommended this hotel by a friend and certainly glad she did! the rooms were clean,the pool is huge and the grounds were stunning. the best part of this hotel is its staff! every person we encountered was extremely professional and friendly! the location is outstanding ,a short drive to any of the beaches ,downtown Charleston , or amazing restraunts. we will definetly stay here again and recommend it to everyone who asks!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear lisa m,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. And, thank you to your friend for telling you about our property.

I was delighted to read your review. I was especially pleased to read that you found your room to be clean and our grounds stunning. Our Property Operations staff will be very happy to read that their hard was noticed and appreciated.

Again, thank you so much for the review. We hope to see you again.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Through Costco Travel I decided to stay at this hotel- it is in an older area outside of Charleston but has been updated. The rooms are nice with newer beds and bedding. Breakfast room is large and the landscaping around the hotel is mature with many birds. It is just a short drive to all points of interest in the area.

Room Tip: It is quiet near the back away from the main road.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear C S,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. We really appreciate the feedback.

I was very happy when I read your review. It was especially nice to read that you enjoyed the mattresses and bedding we recently installed.

Again, thank you so much for the review. We look forward to serving you again.
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Just back from a 4 day getaway at this hotel. When I booked, I was looking for a location that was centrally located, reasonably priced, pet friendly, clean and safe. This location exceeded my expectations. The room was very clean and comfortable. The staff was very friendly and accommodating to our needs. We were within 10 minutes to most attractions and downtown Charleston. If I had to say anything, it can be a little tough entering and exiting the parking lot from Savannah Highway. Be prepared as this road seems to be a major roadway. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Felita L,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent visit with. We really do appreciate the opportunity we get to interact with our guests through forums such as this one.

I was very happy to read your review. I was especially excited to read that we were able to exceed your expectations during your stay. As we share these reviews with our staff, I am certain that they will be delighted to know their hard was noticed and appreciated.

Again, thank you so much for the feedback. We hope to see you again.
Maryville TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I had to make an emergency trip to Charleston 6-23-13 to pick up my sick, teenage daughter. A local minister recommended this motel. We were there 3 nights while I waited for her to recover enough to make the trip home. I could not have asked for a better place to stay. Everyone was so pleasant to deal with. The front office staff were some of the best I have ever dealt with as they helped me find the best rate I qualified for, gave recommendations for hospitals, clinics, pharmacies, and restaurants along with printed driving directions. The housekeeping staff were friendly and courteous as were the breakfast attendants. Our room was kept very clean as was the dining area(although the dining area was a bit too small to handle a full breakfast demand). While the rooms were older, they were updated with very comfortable beds. A small fridge and microwave were also in the rooms. This was especially helpful for us. The landscaping was lovely. The pool looked marvelous, although we didn't get to use this amenity :( If I ever have the opportunity to return to Charleston for pleasure, I will certainly plan on staying here again! They certainly made an unpleasant,scary situation much more tolerable!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear girlzrule1,

First and foremost, I certainly hope that your daughter is feeling better. Thank you so much for taking the time to post such a wonderful review.

I was very happy to read that you were able to enjoy your visit as your daughter recovered. And, it thrilled me to read that my staff was able to assist you in such a personal way. I certainly hope you'll be able to visit with us when the circumstances are not quite so dire.

Again, thank you so very much for the review. We look forward to seeing you again.

Been to BEST WESTERN Sweetgrass Inn? Share your experiences!