“Great Stay!” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #35 of 57 Hotels in Charleston

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Clinton Township, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

the room was clean and comfortable. The beds were soft and had three soft comfy pillows on them. the decore seemed new. It had a decent continental breakfast with waffels, yogurt, coffee(the muffins were stale)
and juice. I didn't see any riff raff hanging around outside and it was quiet at night. I did hear someone had thier cell phone stolen out of thier car, but no one bothered my car. The staff was helpful and courteous.

I think $71 is too much if you are just passing through and need a place
to sleep for 8 hours, but if you plan on staying for a few days it is perfect.

We were allowed to leave our car in the parking lot while we went on a cruise and the shuttle will drive us to the port for $10. that seems like it
will be less stressfull then trying to find the port.

Room Tip: get a room closer to the office or you will be doing a lot of walking back and forth.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Bill R, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Sweetgrass Inn, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Thank you, Sandrasomething, for taking the time to review our hotel.

I was very happy to read that your enjoyed your visit with us and found our beds comfortable as well as our rooms clean. We appreciate the compliments.

I hope you had a wonderful time on your cruise and that you'll visit with us the next time you come to Charleston.
Anderson
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I planed a trip to Charleston to visit my brother, every time i stay at his house i end up getting sick. I decided to stay at a hotel this trip so i stayed about a few miles away from his house at The Best Western on Savahana hwy. I got a great rate and injoyed my stay. The room was larger than i expected and the bed was a pleasur to sleep on. The employees were very nice and helpfull. Had to have some work done on my vehicle befor we left. i thought we weren't going to make the checkout time so i checked with the front desk and they advised me it wouldn't be a problem exceeding the checkout time.

Thank you!
Everett Kelley

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for taking the time to review our property, Mr. Kelley. We really do appreciate the honest feedback.

We share these reviews with our staff members. I am sure they will be very happy to read that their hard work was noticed.

Again, thanks so much for the review. We hope to serve you again the next time you visit your brother.
Florence, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

Kudos to Ms. Monique Brown and her wonderful new employee, Ms. Ayesha Garrett! How grand to find the service of a five star in the trappings of of modestly priced, but very comfortable motel. I needed some help in finding a store open for particulars late at night. I called the front desk and asked where I might go...Ms. Garrett said she would phone a few shops to see what was closest and open and ring me back. So she did! Easy as pie! So gracious and helpful. One could spend more, but why! Compliments compliments to you!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you so very much for taking the time to review our property and for specifically recognizing our team members.

Monique and Ieesha were very excited when they read that you noticed and appreciated their hard work.

Again, thank you for the kind words. We look forward to serving you again.
Rocky Mount
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

We have stayed at this motel several times in the past two years and I can say that it has been a very good experience for us. The staff has been very attentive to all of our needs and very friendly. We will return.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thanks so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We really do appreciate the feedback.

We look forward to serving you again.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

After spending 29 hours travelling from Australia it was great to be greeted by such a friendly receptionist. She was very helpful and made us feel very welcome. Very much appreciated. The room was clean and there was plenty of space. The location was great with many things nearby and easy to get to.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Bill R, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Sweetgrass Inn, responded to this review, November 17, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We really do appreciate the feedback.

I was very happy to read that our receptionist was able to impress you after your long trip from Australia.

I hope we have the opportunity to serve you again, should you return to Charleston.

Been to BEST WESTERN Sweetgrass Inn? Share your experiences!