“Awesome way to relax” 4 of 5 stars

Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #29 of 54 hotels in Charleston
“Awesome way to relax”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

After spending 29 hours travelling from Australia it was great to be greeted by such a friendly receptionist. She was very helpful and made us feel very welcome. Very much appreciated. The room was clean and there was plenty of space. The location was great with many things nearby and easy to get to.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Bill R, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Sweetgrass Inn, responded to this review, November 17, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We really do appreciate the feedback.

I was very happy to read that our receptionist was able to impress you after your long trip from Australia.

I hope we have the opportunity to serve you again, should you return to Charleston.

513 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at this Best Western and was very impressed with how clean the rooms were, it's convenience to downtown, and the service was excellent. Yes, I would stay again. It i also felt very safe, as I was traveling by myself.

• Stayed October 2012
Bill R, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Sweetgrass Inn, responded to this review, November 3, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on our property.

I am very happy that you enjoyed your visit with us and that you found our property safe.

Again, thank you. We look forward to seeing you again.
Lewisville, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

The staff at the Best Western Sweetgrass are friendly, helpful and efficient. The property and rooms are well-maintained and clean with beautiful landscaping and comfy beds!
I would recommend this property to anyone looking for family oriented accomodations at a fair price. Hats off to the staff at Best Westen Sweetgrass, thanks for your professional representation of your property and company!****

Room Tip: "King sweet is cozy and accomodating"
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments. We really do value this feedback.

I was very happy to read that you enjoyed your visit with us. We share these comments with our staff and I am sure they will be pleased to know that their hard work was noticed and appreciated.

Again, thank you so much. We hope to serve you again.
Brunswick, Ga
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

I stayed at this Best Western in April of 2012 for a family member's funeral and sadly had to return in October 2012 for another family members funeral. But on both stays i was extremely satisfied, the front desk agents are always very pleasant and eager to assist you in anyway possible. One my last visit, i had a minor issue nothing worth mentioning however the staff and management took care of it instantly!! I do hope to visit Charleston on a more pleasant note and not for a funeral and enjoy the beautiful city and trust me Sweet Grass BW will be my stop. Great job everyone.

Room Tip: I like ground floors. and i had a pool view.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We really do appreciate the candid feedback as it allows us to improve.

We appreciate that you have stayed with us twice and are quite pleased that you enjoyed your visits. I hope that you have the opportunity to visit with us under happier circumstances.

Again, thank you so much for the opportunity to serve you.
Canton, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

Our room was in the back building and very quiet. Very spacious room. The refrigerator worked well. The front desk was very friendly. We used the fitness room. Good breakfast. Internet ok, but not very fast.

• Stayed October 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your visit with us. We really appreciate the feedback.

I am sorry you found our internet speed insufficient. We will be working with our internet provider to see if our speeds can be improved.

Thank you again for your thoughts. We hope to serve you again.
Wilson, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

My wife and daughter are staying at the BW now for a brief two night visit with my older daughter who lives on James Island. We have stayed here several times and have always been happy with the property and the value we received. The rooms are fine, nothing fancy. It is obvious that the management works very hard to maintain this property. The grounds are well maintained, including the pool that we use in the summer. The location is perfect for visiting our daughter's house or a quick trip downtown. The staff, from the front desk, to the cleaners, to the maintenance workers are very friendly and accommodating. Look forward to our next visit in January.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments. We really do appreciate the feedback.

I am happy we are able to serve you while you visit your daughter and we look forward to seeing you in January.

Thanks again.
dalton, ga
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

Stayed outside city to save money. Conveniently located but on busy Hwy 17. There must be two types of rooms available - nice ones for those who must have paid full price who have raved about the motel and the ones like I paid for from a travel bidding site. Bed very comfortable, room smelled real musty, bathroom needs to be gutted and fixtures replaced. rectangular shaped toilet with an oval seat on it which didn't cover the rim. Looked as some rooms were rented to people who lived there. Coffee pot was not cleaned as of day three when I checked out. Found one dead bug and then killed one as it ran across the carpet. I have stayed in nicer budget motels. And the check in clerk got in a dig about the website through which I made my reservation. Didn't check the breakfast buffet. Room was on the backside of the property and was very quiet. Three star rating is generous.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Bill R, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Sweetgrass Inn, responded to this review, October 20, 2012
I would like to thank this guest for taking the time to share their opinion. We really do appreciate the feedback.

I am sorry that you did not throughly enjoy your visit with us. I will be using this review in an upcoming associate training class as an example of the little things that can negatively impacts a guest's visit with us. We are committed to improving and it with feedback such as your that we will do so.

I hope you will give us another chance to impress you during your next visit to Charleston.