“Tripadvisor strikes again!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of King Charles Inn

You added King Charles Inn to your Saves list
King Charles Inn
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   237 Meeting Street, Charleston, SC 29401 (Formerly BEST WESTERN King Charles Inn)   |
Special Offer
Complimentary Parking
Ranked #16 of 59 Hotels in Charleston
GreenLeadersBronze level
miami, fl.
“Tripadvisor strikes again!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2009

I'm so greatful to Tripadvisor for helping me find this hotel. I didn't/couldn't spend a fortune on what was to be a short stop over on our way home. I did my homework and based on the reviews decided to stay at this hotel. Without a doubt we would stay here again. The rooms are nicely decorated, spacious and comfortable. Our bathroom was big enough for all of us to use simultaneously!! Anyone with young kids knows this often happens! Yes, the breakfast was a little pricey, but no more so than what other hotels charge. I also didn't find the front desk staff particularly friendly, but they weren't rude. The one person that stands out, and I can't remember his name, but he was the gentlemen that took our bags in & helped find us parking. He ran back & forth in the rain trying to find us a spot. Unfortuneately it rained most of the time we were there, so we couldn't/didn't have use for the pool, but it is a lovely spot to sit for breakfast or afternoon tea. The only caution I would give is to not asked for a room with a balcony. I don't know if they charge more for these, I know I would have been disappointed had I asked for a balcony only to have a view of the inner courtyard parking lot!!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
KingCharlesGM, General Manager at King Charles Inn, responded to this review, August 14, 2009
Thank you for reading all the reviews on TripAdvisor and choosing our hotel! I appreciate you sharing your experience with others! I hope you will be able to return again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (295)
Socal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2009

Most of what I would say repeats the other reviews. Highlights for us: free and plentiful parking, a huge plus. Don't stop offering this!

Excellent location, easy walking to all Historic District areas. I took a morning stroll to the Battery one morning which is 15 minutes away.

Our room was large enough for all 3 of us (King Suite), outstanding wireless Internet signal (travel with a tablet PC which makes for easy planning on vacation days). We appreciated the pool area, perfect for afternoon muggy days when we got toasted. Combined with afternoon snack time provided by the hotel.

Note to Hotel Mgmt on this point: if you are going to offer snacks in the lobby, you need an option for those of us in the pool; we couldn't walk in soaking wet (or even without shirt/shoes). That was kind of a pain.

Very friendly staff and reasonable rates for a tourist area. Thanks! Keep up the nice work.

Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Thank you for taking time to share your valuable feedback to others! Complimentary parking is a huge plus in Charleston and a great amenity for the guest! I am so happy you enjoyed your stay!
Washington DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2009

We are a family of 5 who spent 3 nights in Charleston. We visited King Charles Inn, and excperienced a friendliness and a service from the staff that is very exceptional. Moe from the management showed a level of service that is very rear to find these days. They will do the little "extra" so that your stay is confortable and memorable. The hotel has a perfect location, free internet, free parking an a good pool for being a cityhotel. When we return to Charleston we will definately stay at King Charles Inn.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
KingCharlesGM, General Manager at King Charles Inn, responded to this review, August 12, 2009
Thank you for the kind words about our staff! The employees at the King Charles Inn are committed to providing the excellent service you deserve on vacation! We hope you feel welcome and create a great memory of your time in Charleston!
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2009

The Best Western King Charles Inn has the feel of a small European inn but with all the amenities of a modern hotel, including a pool, which is very nice in the heat of August. It is conveniently located a block or so from the Market area and the College of Charleston. It has a lovely pool and garden patio and a quaint dining room for breakfast. Although not included in your stay, the breakfast is very reasonable. It has a second floor lounge area with full bar, internet and areas to relax. Every late afternoon/cocktail hour, cheese, fruit and crackers are provided, as well as cookies later in the evening. The rooms are elegantly decorated. Many rooms are currently being renovated in a multi-million dollar project. All in all, a lovely place to stay in a beautiful city

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
KingCharlesGM, General Manager at King Charles Inn, responded to this review, August 11, 2009
Thank you for the nice compliments about our hotel! We appreciate your business and hope to see you again in the future!
St. Louis, MO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2009

We enjoyed 3 nights at the King Charles on our 1st trip to Charleston. Location is wonderful - walking distance to many attractions. But the real treat was the attitude & service of the staff. Assistant manager, doorman, desk clerks & bartenders shared information & suggestions that made our visit great. We looked forward to the daily happy hour! Our room was well appointed, clean and quiet. The Inn has a charming feel to it. Breakfast was delicious & you can't beat free parking. We'd stay here again for sure! Great staff and a great value . . .

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
There are many hotels to choose from in Charleston and I appreciate you staying with us! Hospitality is the key to success and our employees enjoy the interaction daily! Thank you for the kind words!
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2009

I just returned from a two night stay at the King Charles Inn, Aug 6th and 7th. I must say that my sister, daughter and I all truly enjoyed our stay at this hotel. Our room was on the second floor and had just been completely renovated. There were many upgrades in the materials used in both the room itself and the bathroom. One thing I always appreciate when traveling is a lighted magnifying mirror. We had two double beds which were very comfortable and clean. As far as the staff goes they were very professional but friendly and were eager to make a our dinner reservations both nights which required several phone calls to get the time we wanted to dine.. Another thing we all enjoyed, was the happy hour 4:30 each day we would enjoy drinks and the complimentary fruit, cheese and crackers outside near the pool. I will stay at this pleasant little hotel again if I have the chance to return to Charleston.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your great experience! Our owner will be pleased to hear your feedback on the newly renovated rooms and especially about the lighted make up mirror! (my favorite as well!) I appreciate your compliments about our staff and will share them at our next employee meeting! Thank you again!
hatfield, pa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2009

We were traveling with my grandaughters, one of which was looking into attending the College of Charleston and from the reviews we have read the Best Western King Charles Inn was the ideal selection. Upon arrival the service at the hotel, room and all around impression were very good. Second day. the service at the desk was not very informative and appeared to be less cordial. The beds in our room were not made up entirely leaving the pillows laying on the floor as if someone was interrupted and forgot to finish cleaning the room. When we left on the fourth day I must admit the person at the desk at 5:00 a.m. was the most friendlist, informative I wish she was on duty the other three days.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
KCI-AGM, Assistant General Manager at King Charles Inn, responded to this review, August 3, 2009
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I assure you that your experience with the second day's service is not typical. We will work to improve to see that ALL of our guests receive the HIGHEST quality of customer care, every day. Thank you for the wonderful comments about our Night Auditor. We do hope to have the chance to serve you again.