“Back for another terrific experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of King Charles Inn

Save Saved
You added King Charles Inn to your Saves list
King Charles Inn
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   237 Meeting Street, Charleston, SC 29401 (Formerly BEST WESTERN King Charles Inn)   |
Special Offer
Complimentary Parking
Ranked #10 of 54 hotels in Charleston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Connecticut
“Back for another terrific experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

I loved my previous stay here so I was relieved to find that I could stay here again for a very good price over the Christmas holiday. I am here for three days, visiting my daughter.

Since I am a repeat (read: loyal) customer, I was upgraded to a King Room, with a huge bed and a lot of space, couple of comfy chairs, foot stools and a roomy bathroom.

I was greeted at the curb by an attendant, who waited while I checked in (friendly, friendly staff). He showed me to my room and how to operate the various amenities (safe, heat, etc.) I liked that the remote control for the TV was certified clean.

The bed is beyond comfy; I just sink into it and pillows? Too many to count.

They also have a very nice lounge with a TV screen and fireplace and a business center to print out those boarding passes or use a computer if you didn't bring one.

I'll be back. I hope!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
KCIGM, General Manager at King Charles Inn, responded to this review, December 30, 2012
We sincerely appreciate your loyalty! I hope you will be pleasantly surprised next year when you return and see our new Upper Lobby and remodeled Restaurant! We look forward to seeing you! Happy New Year 2013!

1,341 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
Greenville, North Carolina, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

The rooms were clean and the staff was nice and friendly. The location is great , just a block away from the center of downtown. The mattress was a bit firm for my taste and there was no breakfast due to the renovation. Otherwise, it was great, and I would stay there again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with others! Our staff takes great pride in the hotel cleanliness and I am glad it shows! I hope you can return again in the near future!
Cary, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

Three days here starting 12/18. This was our fifth time in three years. My previous reviews were all 5* "Excellents". Don't miss the Christmas Festival of Lights which runs through Dec.31

This place has NO cons believe me

Pros: central location, off- street protected parking (complementary), cleanliness without equal. staff from top management (Maureen Sheridan, GM) to bellman "Johnny", every desk clerk (although I only got name of Angel Nicole), lobby attendant/bartender, chef, maids.......you name it. Each one makes you feel welcome throughout your stay.....and no request is too much. If you go anywhere else you'll pay much, much more for a comparable room but still won't get any better service.

Of particular value to me was the plumbing in the bath.....water pressure is unbelievably strong, has a personal removable shower head and is granite/marble lined instead of formica, fiberglass or other composite.

No breakfasts being offered (continental could be had at $6.95pp) until probably late March. Dining area is closed for extreme makeover until then.....lobby bar probably will be also (Happy hour is 4:30-5:30 with reduced drink prices and snacks of cheeses, crackers, fruit......Free PC and internet access in lobby.

Excellent value and no competition in the area. Enjoy the one block walk to King St. shopping mecca. Merry and Happy everything to all. Read also my review of Hyman's Restaurant.

Room Tip: Junior suites (Nos. 247 and 347) roomy and overlook corner of Hasell and Meeting Sts. cata-corner fr...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Your repeat business year after year makes the King Charles Inn what it is today! We just love our loyal guests and enjoy serving you! Happy New Year 2013 and see you again soon!
Athens,GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

Stayed at the The king Charles over the weekend and WOW! The room was very fresh and clean, the bed was comfortable, and the bathroom spotless. They even had a lighted make up mirror which I appreciated. We stayed at the Waldorf Astoria in NYC last month (380 per night!)and this hotel was superior. The common area's are not "grand" but adequate and attractive. --The rooms were just as nice as the "luxury" hotel and the bath was actually nicer. Oh, also, the doorman? He remembered my name EVERY time I came in or left. The only negative is the parking lot is tight but that's to be expected in a downtown location. Whatever you are doing keep it up- We will be back and will definitely recommend! Fantastic customer service.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
KCIGM, General Manager at King Charles Inn, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Wow! Thank you for the five star review! We are honored to be placed among your top hotels category! We look forward to serving you again in the near future!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

We very much enjoyed our stay at the Best Western King Charles Inn last week. All the staff were so pleasant and helpful and the front desk staff even upgraded our accommodations to a larger room than we had originally booked. I selected this hotel to stay at because another reviewer had made the comment that this Best Western was excellent and had seemingly higher than usual standards and I definitely agree. The rooms and all areas of the hotel were very clean and beautifully decorated and the location is terrific for walking throughout the historic district of Charleston, The breakfast buffet was very good and the staff were accommodating with our request to add porridge to the menu. The outdoor eating area, including beautiful water fountain, is lovely. I wish we had had the time to enjoy the outdoor pool as it looked very inviting.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the wonderful review! We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with others! Have a great day!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

This was one of the cleanest and quietest places we have stayed at in a very long time. The cost of the room was reasonable and the staff was very friendly. As an added bonus The Fig restaurant is right across the street.

• Stayed December 2012
I just love reading these reviews and sharing them with my staff! The Housekeepers take such great pride in their jobs and I'm thrilled you noticed the cleanliness! Thank you for your valuable feedback!
Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

My husband and I spent four nights at the King Charles Inn recently, and had an excellent stay. We were celebrating our wedding anniversary and received an upgrade to a Deluxe room with balcony, along with a complimentary bottle of champers and a very nice card. All of this was completely unexpected, but very welcomed after a long day of travelling.
The hotel itself was very clean, and in a great location, just five mins walk from downtown. The free parking was very handy, as parking around Charleston can be a bit of a nightmare.
We encountered a couple of problems when using the hotel's website to book the room. Different rates were given at different stages of the booking process. After contacting the hotel directly, the issue was sorted very promptly for us. Really good service.
Can highly recommend the King Charles to anyone looking for affordable digs in a central location.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
We are honored you chose our hotel and had a great experience! Our goal is to provide the highest quality of customer care every day, every stay! Thank you for your business!

Been to King Charles Inn? Share your experiences!