“Great tour but not much Gullah” 5 of 5 stars

Type: Tours
Attraction Details
Atlanta
4 attraction reviews
“Great tour but not much Gullah”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

We had a great time on this informative tour of Charleston. The tour is titled "Gullah" tour but you don't get much Gullah information at all. However, I thoroughly enjoyed the tour anyway. It was more of a "History" of Charleston tour and Phillip Simmons tour. I would recommend this tour and our guide (Alphonzo) was GREAT!

Visited December 2012

Timonium, Maryland
“TAKE THIS TOUR !!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

Gullah Tours was a very good tour of Charleston. Mr. Brown (the tour guide) was fun, very informed. He kept the group interested. The tour clean and comfortable temparture.

Visited December 2012
Kansas City, Kansas
18 attraction reviews
“Fabulous”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

I chose the Gullah Tour as my way of seeing Charleston. There was a lot of history and interesting facts about the city. The bus was pleasant, Alphonzo the tour guide, is great at what he does.

Visited March 2012
Texas
“Fun, fun, fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

My three friends and I took this tour. We are all speech therapists, so loved the dialect lessons! Very interesting, and a totally new perspecitive of Charleston. Don't miss it.

Visited October 2012
Charlotte, NC
3 attraction reviews
“2nd Time on the Tour ! Love It !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Alphonso is a GREAT tour Guide. Very entertaining and informative ! I took the same tour about 7 years ago. This time I took my husband and he loved it as well. The tour focuses on the Gullah history with an emphasis on Phillip Simmons - one of the great ironworkers of our time ! I would recommend this tour to anyone who wants to be entertained and receive a history lesson as well ! Thank you AGAIN Alphonso...It was wonderful !

Visited November 2012