“Fantastic steakhouse in the South” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Oak Steakhouse

Oak Steakhouse
17 Broad St, Charleston, SC 29401-3001 (Charlestowne)
843-722-4220
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Oak Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 778 Restaurants in Charleston
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Charlestowne
Cross street: State Street
New York City, New York
“Fantastic steakhouse in the South”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

I have lots of experience with NYC steakhouses. This is the best steakhouse I've visited outside of NYC. High quality meat. Excellent service. Intersting Southern accents on the menu. I can't say that this is the best restaurant I've been to in Charleston but it is excellent. I shall return. Also - a high quality wine list with decent pricing.

Charleston, South Carolina
“Vegan at a steak restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

I am vegan and my Dad is a steak and potatoes kind of guy so when he visits Charleston to go out to dinner it is kind of hard for us to both decide on a place. But we always do decide on one place, Oak Steakhouse. This time we went the chief made me one of the best vegan meals I have ever had. To top it off he wrote a note saying that it was a pleasure to cook for a vegan. One of the nicest and most accommodating restaurants I have ever been to.

Columbia, South Carolina
“Disappointing experience...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

Rarely do I eat anything other than seafood in Charleston, but I have eaten at Oak a couple of times. The first occasion was irritating for several reasons--much of it having to do with the wait staff. I returned, however, and had a better experience. But I am not sure I care to go back.

Visited August 2013
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Perfect spot for a celebration”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

We went to celebrate our son's graduation from college, and this was the perfect spot! We all had steak--melt in your mouth delicious. Best steak I have ever eaten! The service was excellent(thanks, Jerrod!). And the second floor seating area was very cozy. A great dining experience.

home
“Oysters to die for!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

Arriving without any reservations, we sat at the bar and enjoyed a drink while we waited for a table in the bar to open up. We ordered 6 Oyster Rockefeller to share along with our small filet with fingerling potatoes. They were amazing, and cooked perfectly!

We enjoyed them so much that night, we went back the next night just to order the Oysters again! We were not disappointed, they tasted as fantastic as they did the previous evening. They were just barely cooked, ( I don't eat raw oysters and these were definitely not raw, but just cooked to perfection). Plump, juicy and delicious.

Reservations are always suggested here, as it is Avery popular eating place in Charleston and also very close to The Battery. It's a busy bar, always hoping and friendly.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere