“It's so good!.” 5 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Habana Club
177 Meeting St, Charleston, SC (Downtown)
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #27 of 44 Nightlife in Charleston
Type: Bar/ Clubs, Bars
London, United Kingdom
“It's so good!.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

A previous review calls Habana Club "simply the best", I can only totally agree!. What a place, if you sit at the bar you will meet people from all parts of America, plus many locals. If you are alone, as I was, you will never have to wait long for good conversation and company.

Alternatively you can sit in one of 3 rooms all of which have astonishing decor, leather armchairs, wood panelled rooms, reminiscent of a gentleman's club in London, where, as I'm not rich and don't have a title I wouldn't be welcome!. However at Habana Club everyone is welcome.

On Friday and Saturday nights if you want a party atmosphere sit at the bar, if you want to sit back and relax go into one of the rooms. It's probably stating the obvious that Friday and Saturday nights are usually the busiest but every night is good. Sundays as you would expect are generally quieter and a good time to sit and talk.

Great cocktails, wonderful staff, terrific atmosphere, get your cigar from the shop downstairs and take it up to the bar, what more could you want?.

Visited March 2012

Longmont, Colorado
“Wonderful place to relax”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2012

I was visiting Charleston on business and I discovered this place by walking past the Tinderbox, which is on the first floor. I don't often enjoy a cigar, but once in a while it's nice.

I picked up a Nicaraguan Robusto at the cigar shop, and went upstairs to Club Habana. They have a fine selection of single-malt scotch, which is something I enjoy often. I settled into a comfortable chair in one of their lounges. It was a wonderful place to relax. There appeared to be some folks on business, couples, and pals enjoying a drink. The wait staff was very fast and efficient.

On future visits to Charleston, I'll make sure that I visit this place again, even if I don't partake in a cigar!

Visited March 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Simply the best!.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2012

I have visited thousands of bars in many different countries, I'm getting old now so I've had plenty of time in which to do that, Club Habana is the best bar I have ever found, no doubt about it. I visited Charleston for 10 days in January (from England), before I went I did a bit of 'homework' to see where would be good to have a drink, and hopefully a smoke. I found a place called Club Habana.

Upon arrival on a Friday evening, after checking in to my hotel, I headed straight there, how glad I am that I did!. Utterly wonderful, of the 10 evenings that I was in Charleston I was in Club Habana for 8 of them, the other 2 evenings I was too partied out and had to retire to my hotel, I did say that I was getting old.

Club Habana manages to be both sophisticated and 'homely', sophisticated usually means snobby or somewhat cold, not there.

If you visit Charleston you must go there, you won't regret it!. Meet Stanyarne, Maddie, Sarah, Carly and the owner Justin, all wonderful people. I can't wait to go back.

Visited January 2012
Indianapolis, IN
8 attraction reviews
“Nice Bar, Good Ambience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2011

We enjoyed sitting on a very comfortable couch and having a few drinks at the end of a long day. Drink prices were reasonable. Our waitress was pleasant and friendly. If you prefer not to be exposed to cigarette or cigar smoke, avoid this place, as it is the only Charleston bar in which patrons are able to smoke.

Visited June 2011
Saint Louis, Missouri
7 attraction reviews
“Great place to meet locals, relax late...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2010 via mobile

Great place to meet locals, relax late night & have interesting conversations with an eclectic mix of folks. The smoke shop downstairs is colorful, interesting & well-stocked - and the bar upstairs is lively. Great ambiance. Excellent bar tender. We got to meet & drink with the proud owner and his friends.