“Exceeded our expectations” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tristan Restaurant - CLOSED

Tristan Restaurant
10 Linguard Street, Charleston, SC 29413 (Downtown)
843-534-2155
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American, Dessert, Contemporary, Bar
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Church Street
Description: Located in the heart of historic Charleston, Tristan is a place where the ingredients are simple and the cuisine will take your taste buds for an unexpected ride. Executive Chef Nate Whiting presents diners with inspired twists on traditional ingredients – something that The Post & Courier calls “[Making] the simple, sublime.” A Mobile AAA Four Diamond Restaurant, Tristan has over 400 labels in our extensive wine cellar. From special occasions to simple celebrations, Tristan invites you to come and experience fine dining at its very best.
Aiken, South Carolina
“Exceeded our expectations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

We dined here as part of a package with the Dock St. Theater and, because it was a package, we were not expecting much. We were so wrong. The food and service were absolutely first rate. Highly recommended!

Visited September 2012

Saint Helena Island, South Carolina
“Exceptional food---no downside”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

My husband and I were celebrating an anniversary, and this restaurant more than met our expectations. He had the 7 course Chef's tasting menu, and I had the 5 course ( which eliminated one appetizer and one of the 2 dessert courses. The wine pairings were wonderful (don't know how they do it for the price) This particular night the vanilla poached lobster (not sweet, just full of flavor) and the duck breast (sous vide, which just melted in your mouth) were outstanding. My personal favorite, the risotto with mushrooms, was so creamy, and the accent of the pickled blueberries gave it a needed acidity. Dessert was the way I like it.........different tastes , instead of one big serving. Service was paced very well........and our server, Melissa, was one of the best I have ever had.............very knowledgeable about the ingredients and preparation. We felt that every dish was prepared especially for us.
In summary, if you love exceptional food that you won't find everywhere...............Tristan is a must!

• Visited August 2012
New York City, New York
“Impeccable service, fantastic food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

We really enjoyed this restaurant. The service was top-notch. My husband and I and our three boys, ages 9, 7 and 4 were treated like royalty. The selection of food and the quality was superb.

Visited August 2012
Charleston, South Carolina
“Not To Be Missed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

Tristan's is wonderful! It is in the Charleston Place, the decor is nice and the atmosphere is very inviting. My boyfriend and I decided to have a nice dinner downtown, we had many choices but decided on Tristan's. We were dressed very casually, but I didn't feel out of place. Our sever Melissa was GREAT, I just realized I was gluten intolerant and when I asked her about the choices, she was a wealth of information. The menu is set up in 2 ways, one is the Chef's tasting which is basically their daily special, we went ala carte, and were not disappointed. This is a 4 star restaurant in my opinion, we ordered, wine, appetizer, main course, coffees, and desert, for what we ate, the price was reasonable. Now this is not a place we could go on a daily basis, but for a special dinner, you should definitely give it a try. I live in Charleston, and I will go back..Oh, they also have valet parking which is a bonus for downtown.

• Visited August 2012
Moorestown, NJ
“Clearly a pretentious chef, but it was still AMAZING!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012 via mobile

Yes, it's definitely for "food snobs" that wouldn't dare to second guess the chef. We went with all the suggestions and it did not disappoint!
The staff were all great - attentive and friendly.
And again . The food was amazing! The beet appetizer is crazy good; the pork belly ap delicious! The watermelon ap, yup, delicious! I don't think that there's a bad choice.
Also, for the quality of the meal, the prices were fantastic too ;)