“Great atmosphere, excellent food, awesome service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fleet Landing Restaurant

Fleet Landing Restaurant
186 Concord St, Intersection of Concord and Cumberland, Charleston, SC 29401 (Downtown)
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Fleet Landing Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #74 of 778 Restaurants in Charleston
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Entertaining clients, Bar scene, Scenic view, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dessert, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Cumberland
Transit: The Downtown Area Shuttle Waterfront loop runs from Waterfront Park (half a block away from the restaurant) to the Aquarium and the visitor's center every 40 minutes from 9:20-6:00.
Description: Fleet Landing is historic downtown's Best Waterfront Dining featuring classic & contemporary Southern seafood fare, regional favorites, burgers, salads & more. Enjoy waterfront views from the wrap-around deck and maritime chic dining room. Reservations recommended, full bar, parking, family friendly.
Germany
“Great atmosphere, excellent food, awesome service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Kids menu items are around $6.00 and the menu items are between $16-22.00. There are a few cheaper and quite a bit more pricier items, but the chef did an outstanding job with our meals. I had the special redfish stuffed with crab with mashed potatoes and greens...some of the best food I have ever had.

My wife had the fried flounder with breading so light and tasty (no grease either!) and my kids had the fried shrimp kids plate with fries. There must have been 8 large jumbos on the plate.

We did try the dozen raw oysters (which were brought in from up North) and they had a nice briny taste and were super fresh. A little pricey at $20/dozen, but they were great.

One drawback - if you like to get appetizers before the meal, their starters are probably a little more expensive than you may find at other places, but a good variety.

Beer, wine, and mixed drinks are about average price.

I would say that the average price per adult with drinks and shared appetizer will be around $30.00.

• 5 of 5 stars Food

El Paso, Texas, United States
“A must, great food with a great atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

This place was so great we will definitely go back. It was the perfect way to start our trip. We sat on the outside bar for a while taking in the beautiful scenery. The food was amazing the appetizer stuffed hush puppies were awesome! After we were done eating & the manager came up to us found out we were from the west so had us try the grits. I personally have never been a fan of grits but those were equally wonderful. All in all will be on my list of places to visit when I go back.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Hamden, Connecticut
“Amazing food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Went here during my stay at Isle of Palms. The food was absolutely amazing. The place was packed, and it was an ordinary day, so that says a lot about their food and service. I'm a chicken fanatic, and this place had the BEST fried chicken I've ever had. The fries were to die for, and so was their mac and cheese. I was with a party of around 10, and everyone was very satisfied. I've daydreamed about this place since I've got back home!

Visited June 2013
Beaufort, South Carolina, United States
“Lousy shrimp, lousy service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

I don't understand why people like this place. I went with friends who like it simply because they get a lot of shrimp in the fried shrimp dinner. Our waiter was a slug. We asked a couple of questions about the wine and he was totally uninformed. We asked him to find out about the differences between 2 wines and he came back with the report that they were about the same so we should order whatever sounded good to us. I noticed that only one shrimp dish said that it was wild caught shrimp so I asked him about the others. He said some of them used shrimp "imported from some place like Indonesia". NO restaurant in Charleston, SC should EVER use imported shrimp. Even if it isn't shrimping season on the east coast, there are plenty of markets that have frozen, wild caught shrimp or gulf shrimp. There is simply no excuse for that. He assured me that the shrimp on the salad with grilled shrimp was local, wild caught shrimp. Believe me - I could tell that it was not! My friends both ordered the fried shrimp and enjoyed them. Unfortunately they don't know or care if it's local and the batter hides the flavor of the shrimp and they're more concerned about the quantity than the quality. They'll go back again, but I'm staying away!

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Solomons, Maryland
“Must try!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

After chatting with a few locals, Fleet Landing came highly recommended to us. So Sunday afternoon (July 21) while walking around the city we decided to try it out. Upon arriving we noticed that there were several people waiting but we were seated very quickly. Our server was very nice and quick to refill drinks, answer questions etc.. As a appetizer we ordered the Stuffed Hushpuppies which were 3 large hushpuppies overflowing with seafood in a creole sauce. For dinner my husband ordered the surf and turf which was lacking in flavor but it is okay if seafood is not your thing. I ordered the Shrimp n Grits which is what they are known for and it did not disappoint. The flavors came together so well and unlike other places the shrimp were decent in size and cooked to perfection so you could very easily have a piece of one with every bite. Definitely recommend and we will go back thinking my husband will order the same as me next time.

• 4 of 5 stars Food