“The manager at this location made sure the table behind us had everything they needed. ...he never even acknowledged me and my f” 3 of 5 stars
Review of West Ashley Crab Shack

Improve this listing
Ranked #238 of 736 restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: The West Ashley Crab Shack is conveniently located between Downtown & The Gardens. Specializing in local seafood cuisine with a southern flare. With easy access and large parking lot, able to accommodate tour busses as well as individual parking.West Ashley Crab Shack is wheelchair accessible and family oriented. Children are a specialty, with a full-page children’s menu meant for coloring, to a treasure chest of goodies to make the children smile. Not only does our children’s menu have colorings & puzzles, it has a variety of choices to satisfy all appetites, even Crab Legs.West Ashley Crab Shack has seating to accommodate all sizes of groups. From single dining to banquets, with a group menu capable of buffets to business lunches. Private dining room available upstairs with individual climate & music controls to fit all occasions.For winding down after work, try out our Happy Hour from 4-7. Offering a relaxing adult atmosphere with great Happy Hour food & drink specials. You will always find a friend at The West Ashley Crab Shack for Happy Hour.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

I was totally taken aback at the attention the customers sitting behind me and my party received..the manager visited this table several times during the evening making sure they were ok, suggesting dessert and basically doing what a great manager does..making sure their guests are receiving the best possible service..I even heard him say leave a review on tripadvisor...well guess what mr.manager...I am...even though you never even acknowledged me and my family were also visiting your resturant for the first time, never bothering yourself to even say hello, or hi yall..... we still enjoyed the food, our waitress stepped in where you turned and pretended we were invisible...hopefully you will see this and be reminded that ALL patrons deserve to be greeted and have the same down home welcoming....even if they just happen to be a black family visiting.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

72% Recommend
“A great meal, great service and fun atmosphere.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

This place is great! We were greeted immediately at the door with smiling faces. Our waitress, Nancy, was very attentive and personable. The food was phenemonal! Seasoned with love, tenderness and southern hospitality, I swear, it was great! I'm always nervous about trying a new seafood place and my search is over. We have a winner!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Virginia
“Excellent Seafood . . . A Little Inland”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

We had our dogs with us and we decided on sitting on the restaurant's front porch. The wait staff was attentive even though we were "off the beaten path" from the rest of the restaurant. We were impressed with the food and the quality of service. Prices are a little high but not unreasonable.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Athens, Georgia
“Pretty good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

You can sum this place up as "pretty good." The food, atmosphere, and service was all pretty good-- not terrible but not astounding either.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Alexandria, Virginia, United States
“Not kid freindly”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Our food was served cold. I think because it was reheated. Our daughter made a spill and we were on our own to clean it our selves while the staff watched from a safe distance. we used all the napkins on the table and they never offered me another soda. Our server never told us his name.

Visited July 2013