“Worst service!!” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #208 of 758 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: The West Ashley Crab Shack is conveniently located between Downtown & The Gardens. Specializing in local seafood cuisine with a southern flare. With easy access and large parking lot, able to accommodate tour busses as well as individual parking.West Ashley Crab Shack is wheelchair accessible and family oriented. Children are a specialty, with a full-page children’s menu meant for coloring, to a treasure chest of goodies to make the children smile. Not only does our children’s menu have colorings & puzzles, it has a variety of choices to satisfy all appetites, even Crab Legs.West Ashley Crab Shack has seating to accommodate all sizes of groups. From single dining to banquets, with a group menu capable of buffets to business lunches. Private dining room available upstairs with individual climate & music controls to fit all occasions.For winding down after work, try out our Happy Hour from 4-7. Offering a relaxing adult atmosphere with great Happy Hour food & drink specials. You will always find a friend at The West Ashley Crab Shack for Happy Hour.
“Worst service!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

I made a reservation for me and my family for 630. Entire party was at the table by 635/640. Everyone finally got a drink at 705. Ordered food as she took drink orders in which the waitress couldn't answer simple questions about the menu. And the menu on trip advisor has many more options that are not even served in the restaurant. My mother sat with an empty glass for over 15 minutes. We finally got our food 35 minutes later. But then had to ask for sauces and three people in our party were almost done eating before the waitress returned. We did ask for a rag to help with shucking the oysters but the waitress said they had none. When I asked the hostess she promptly brought a rag over and had a bundle in her hand. When the waitress realized we had received a rag she made a comment that the hostess must have been hiding rags from everyone else all day. After all of our plates were cleared we didn't even receive the bill for another 15 minutes. I would tell you her name but she actually never told us that information. The manager walked by many times but never touched our table. I wish he had because sadly I would have come back for the food if the service had been some what decent. My husband and I both work in restaurants and are normally very forgiving but up until a certain point when it is obvious neglect!

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
thanksfordining, Guest Relations Manager at West Ashley Crab Shack, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
I want to sincerely apologize for the unpleasant incident you had at our restaurant. Your comments were most troubling but I want to unequivocally thank you for bringing this to my attention. Without your feedback I might never have known of it. It is our highest priority to provide our guests with an exceptional dining experience and in this instance we certainly failed to do this. What you experienced is totally unacceptable and we have already taken steps to ensure that this does not happen in our restaurant again. Once again, please accept our sincere apology for this unfortunate incident and thank you for letting us know about it.

Best Regards,
Steven Jones
Proprietor

Myrtle Beach
“Fantastic Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

All the food that we had was great. I especially recommend the Crab and Artichoke Dip and the She Crab soup. A nice change of pace from the hustle of downtown but still very close in a nice atmosphere. The waitstaff and even the owner were very attentive and made sure we had everything we needed. Will definitely go back on my next visit to the area

Visited January 2013
Athens, Ga
“Wife's Birthday dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Great food and even beter service. Fish and Shrimp tasted very fresh. Nice location with good parking and very easy to get to.

Visited January 2013
Charleston, South Carolina
“Fried Shrimp Nirvana”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

The best, freshest fried shrimp in west ashley, no doubt. The fried okra is superb. Drips with true low country crab shack atmosphere. Kenny is one of the world's best waiters. Ask for him when you go. Don't tell the tourists....this place is fried shrimp heaven!!

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“excellent crab legs”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

My wife and saw the all you can eat crablegs special on the television and decided that we had to try them. the atmosphere was great. the service was awesome and the crab legs, although smaller than i'm used to were seasoned just right and cooked to perfection. I'll be going back for more of these. The whole experence was just awesome.

• Visited November 2012