“My sons love this place” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Bubba Gump Shrimp Co.

Bubba Gump Shrimp Co.
99 S Market St, Charleston, SC 29401-3152 (Downtown)
843-723-5738
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Family Fare
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Neighborhood: Downtown
Charleston, South Carolina, United States
“My sons love this place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

When my adults sons come home to visit, this is one of their favorite place to eat. We loved the peeled shrimps and hush puppies.

Visited July 2012

“Not worth it”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012 via mobile

First trip to Charleston and Bubba Gumps was recommended to me by a few of my co-workers. I knew it was a chain resteraunt but figured it must be good. All I can say is it was very average. They weren't overly busy but the staff seemed disorganized and for the quality of food it seemed slightly over priced. The atmosphere was fun with the whole Forest Gump theme but I don't think we will go back.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Chesterfield, Virginia
“Bubba's My Friend”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

Yes its a chain, and not what I typically would evaluate for Yelp. But Bubba's is worth a stop. Its right on Market St, across from the Straw Market, which couldn't be cooler. The atmosphere, whether you dine indoors or out, is a lot of fun, especially with you family. I had the Dixie Fishwich and my wife had the Shrimp Attack Mac-n-Cheese. Both were very good. We've been here many times and tried lots of things, and never been disappointed. And the service is top notch.

Visited August 2012
Erie, Pennsylvania
“Jamaican server was a hoot!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

Super friendly staff & yummy vacation drinks! We stepped in to get out of the heat and have something to eat and we were pleasantly surprised. The food was great and service was friendly and attentive. We were very pleased.

Visited July 2012
Hudson, Ohio
“Fun Stop on Vacation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

We stopped in on a Friday night around 6:30 and were seated right away. We loved this movie, and this was the first time we've been in an area that had this restaurant so we really wanted to go. We loved seeing the movie memorabilia on the walls and written on the tables - maybe it is a little kitchy but we didn't care. They do try to upsell you on their specialty smoothies and drinks in "commemorative" glasses, but other than that we had a great time. The food came out quickly and the shrimp was delicious. If I lived in the area I might not repeatedly come to this restaurant,as I could see that it was on the pricey side for what they offered, but we had a wonderful stop on our trip and would do it again sometime. We also enjoyed being able to purchase some t-shirts in their store on site as well.

• Visited August 2012