“Don't miss the chance to spend some time at Poogan's Porch!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Poogan's Porch

Poogan's Porch
72 Queen St, Charleston, SC 29401-2220 (Downtown)
843-577-2337
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Poogan's Porch is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 758 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: American
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Meeting & King
San Diego, California
“Don't miss the chance to spend some time at Poogan's Porch!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

I was first told about Poogan's Porch several years ago when friends recommended Poogan's to my best friend and myself. My best friend lives in South Carolina and we had planned to spend a couple of days in Charleston. The food was phenomenal, the service was excellent and the atmosphere precisely what one would expect from a glorious Southern mansion. I've since dealt with the management to buy a gift card for my best friend and her then fiance and my experience was very pleasurable. So, last month when I returned to Charleston to attend my best friend's wedding, I naturally HAD to return to Poogan's Porch. My BFF and I enjoyed a delightful brunch with delicious food, great service and tasty cocktails. I have yet to experience the ghost...but that remains for another time!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

OKC
“Best "Low Country" Fare EVER!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Recently my husband and I were in Charleston South Carolina, we wanted to eat someplace special, but not to expensive and we wanted a restaurant that was local. We asked around and finally decided on Poogan's Porch. We made reservations and I highly recommend everyone make reservations if at all possible. My husband and I both had the most amazing meal we've ever had! I had the "Plantation Fried Chicken", which was absolutely delicious. My husband had the "Sweet Tea Glazed Salmon". He thought it was one of the best prepared meals he's had.

Not only was the food delicious - the wait staff was wonderful. Even though it was very busy, we received our food, fairly quickly.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
“Rude rude rude”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

I have been to Poogans Porch. It was so wonderful! In fact it was so wonderful that we wanted to plan a group gathering there on an upcoming trip. We wanted to pay to reserve a room for a party. We wanted to drop at least $1,000.00 plus in a few hours. Every time I emailed I got a reply that said they were a busy place so expect a reply within 3 days. I was okay with that at first. Since I started 2 month out! And the replies came at first. Then they stopped coming. No phone calls were returned. Once I called @ 5:30 because it popped into my head and I was told that since dinner had started it would not be possible for me to talk to manager. I get it, I worked in restaurants before. So I left my number but no return call ever came. The manager there strung me along until we are several weeks away from the event. I was luckily able to get reservations elsewhere (tip from a friend) at a very gracious and welcoming establishment. With an equally high rating. I know you are good, but not the only game in town. I suspect that if you continue to treat potential customers as if they were insignificant, the good ones will stop coming!

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Bourke, Australia
“Nice but Not Great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

OK...unfortunately we went to Magnolia's the night before and so I was somewhat spoiled before I got here. This restaurant is ok but not in the same class. The waitress and the service were excellent but the food did not have the same quality. It certainly was very nice food and we had an enjoyable evening and appreciated the atmosphere as we were in one of the historic houses of Charleston. My major disappointment was the Pecan Pie I ordered for dessert. I was looking forward to a good quality southern pie but it was simply a bowl of pecans and chocolate with a very small filling and an equally small serving of ice cream. I did not finish it. But I must say I would go back here if invited and overall it is a nice restaurant.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta, Ga
“Half the food was excellent the other half was ok”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Half the food was really good the other half, slaw and chips were ok. There was no choice on sides just these 2. Seems like a cop out to me. The staff was average with some attitude and slow service. I felt like I had been charged too much

• Visited August 2013