“One of the best dinners ever” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Poogan's Porch

Poogan's Porch
72 Queen St, Charleston, SC 29401-2220 (Downtown)
843-577-2337
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Poogan's Porch is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 736 restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: American
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Meeting & King
Palm Coast, Florida, United States
“One of the best dinners ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

I absolutley loved this place. Super cute old home turned into a restaurant. They had a great drink selection and great atmosphere. The Fig cosmo was aweome. I had one of the best dinner's Ive ever had including the crab cakes, defenitly try the crab cake appetizer! I got the plantation chicken, which was fried chicken, stuffed with gouda cheese, collards and somthing else. My boyfriend got the pork chop that was equally good. I loved this place, cannot wait to go back.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

84% Recommend
chicago, usa
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

Went here over Mother's Day weekend with my Mom. Had an early reservation (made weeks in advance) and it was busy. First disappointment was we were seated at a table right next to a wait station when there other more pleasant tables available. Really? Maybe if we had walked in without a reservation or if other tables were unavailable. They did move us after I requested that they do so. Waitress was pleasant but there was too much time between her visits to our table. I had the scallops on her recommendation and they were good, but not exceptional. My mother's duck was just okay. The pimento fritters were nothing special. I think we were expecting more overall based on the high reviews on TA. There are so many good restaurants in Charleston I'd definitely suggest going somewhere else.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Estero, Florida
“Loved the restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

We had great meals all around Charleston but I think this was my favorite. The light airy atmosphere was delightful. The variety on the menu was appreciated. Being a little tired of seafood, I had the duck and my husband and sister had the fillet. All was cooked to order and greatly enjoyed!

Visited May 2013
New York City, New York
“Gracious service during busy evening.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

I had scallops which were tasty. My friend had possibly largest in-bone pork chop I've ever seen. Not much in terms of included sides, but sides available on menu.

Visited May 2013
Charleston, South Carolina
“Service was so bro”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

Ate at Poogans on mothers day weekend. We sat outside and had amazingly bro service from Bryan. Even though the place was a mad house our server was one cool cat, providing great suggestions-chicken and waffles and pulled pork bene.

The place seemed a little overwhelmed in general but it certainly didnt show at our table. Will definietly be back.

Also abe, lefty and nige were real bro too.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere