“High cotton charleston” 4 of 5 stars
Review of High Cotton Maverick Bar & Grill

High Cotton Maverick Bar & Grill
199 E Bay St, Charleston, SC 29401-2605 (Downtown)
+1 843-724-3815
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
High Cotton Maverick Bar & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #44 of 709 Restaurants in Charleston
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Good for: Local cuisine, Doing business, Special occasions, Bar scene, Entertaining clients, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dessert, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Cumberland
Description: High Steppin' Lowcountry Living. It's a feeling of warmth and celebration that begins the moment you step inside. You'll find it in our gracious, knowledgable servers, expertly prepared dishes and a remarkable cocktail and wine program. From conversation and laughter in our bar to our stylish dining rooms of heart pine floors and antique brick, you'll come to understand true Charleston hospitality. That is, there's always cause for celebration - of our neighbors, our food and drink and each other. It's our great pleasure to share it with you.
Greensboro, North Carolina
“High cotton charleston”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

Made reservations although on our date they were taking people without them. Service was slow for a half dead restaurant. The yellowfin tuna melt was amazing!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Columbus, Ohio
“Great place to visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

Good food , good service . Cocktails are a bit weak ...ask for real liquor....not their " brand" liquor

Excellent service .

melbourne
“Meal spoilt by a couple of glitches”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

After a long wait during which there were obviously empty tables, my meal of shrimp and grits was spoilt by one shrimp tasting off. Our waiter's response was one of disinterest, in keeping with her overall approach of uninvolved politeness.
If she had been friendly and the shrimps all good I would have rated High Cotton much more favourably.

Visited September 2013
Charleston, South Carolina, United States
“Definately a repeat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

The food was delicious. I had the rib eye and it was moist with no complaints. Cooked as I asked. The wine choice recommended by the waitress paired very well with the meal. I will definitely go back.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Los Angeles, California
“Very southern feel/live music/good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

We didn't have reservations and were pretty grimy from walking all day. They were fully booked but we were able to sit in the bar area at a table. We had full-menu access in the bar area. The bar is also where the band was so this actually worked out great for us. We weren't in the mood for quiet fine dining atmosphere anyway.

I had the rabbit and my friend had the steak. I think she enjoyed her steak. The rabbit was good but it didn't wow me. I've had better elsewhere but it was still quite good. It came with grits and carrots and those were quite good. I also had a cocktail called Firetab which had tequila, watermellon, and habanero and it was very good.

The atmosphere was awesome. The bad was lively but not too loud. They played jazz. The main dining room felt very southern in that they had classic palm ceiling fans. I would definitely go back when I'm feeling in a fine dining experience kind of mood.

The only con was that our waitress was a bit off her game. She forgot to bring us bread and was pretty late getting me water but I think she might have been the only waitress for the bar area. Despite that, I'd go again. Overall great atmosphere and pretty good food.