“Spring Retreat” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Magnolias

Magnolias
185 E Bay St, Charleston, SC 29401-2126 (Downtown)
843-577-7771
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Magnolias is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 758 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: American, European, Continental, Contemporary
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: located between Cumberland & Queen Streets
Transit: Charleston CARTA to and from Visitors Center can be picked up 1/2 block from the restaurant on the quarter hour. There are also local cab companies and Charleston's famous Rickshaws that will transport guests to their hotels.
Arlington, Texas
“Spring Retreat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

My wife and I spent a lovely weekend in Charleston and had a very memorable meal at Magnolias. We had a short wait at the bar and the restaurant was hopping. We sat down to a wonderful caesar salad and bibb salad. I had the spricy shrimp and sausage, the small plate portion, which was the perfect portion. She had the parmesan crusted flounder which was exquisite. We really wanted to try the blueberry crisp but couldn't eat another bite.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Highland Park, Illinois
“Good food--somewhat slow service.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

We enjoyed our dinner. I had the Parmesan crusted flounder and my husband had duck breast. Would definitely recommend magnolias even though the service was a little slow.

Visited May 2013
Denver, CO
“Great for gluten free or celiacs”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

The food was delicious and the waitress was very knowledgeable about celiacs and gluten free food. I had the flounder which was great and they even brought out gluten free bread for me. I definitely recommend this place!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
pennsylvania
“Good food, but slow service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

Ate here with a party of 9 on a Wednesday. Food was good, but it took a very long time to get our entrees. I believe they comped us a bottle of wine as a result, which was nice of them. The waitstaff was attentive and apologetic.

I had the southern egg rolls as an appetizer - really good - I think I liked them better than my entree! Had the duck for dinner, which was good - but I was still thinking about the appetizer! Others at the table had the fried chicken, which they enjoyed. I can't remember what others had though. Overall a good meal.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
“Popular for 20+ Years”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

Magnolia's is located on E. Bay St alongside a number of other great Charleston eateries. We had lunch there recently and it was very nice. Food preparation is a bit on the heavy side with cream sauces, etc. but that is their cuisine style. Pleasant spot for either lunch or dinner. Save room for a scoop of banana pudding ice cream!

Visited May 2013