“Local tastey” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Slightly North of Broad is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 709 Restaurants in Charleston
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Good for: Entertaining clients, Romantic, Doing business, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dessert, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Faber Street
Description: Slightly North of Broad is a Lowcountry bistro that brings together an abundance of local ingredients and thoughtful, expert presentation with a friendly, contagious energy. Here the dining room is a natural extension of the kitchen, a place where culinary skill, a clever, considered wine program, warm service, and conversations meld together. Our local farmers, fishermen and producers are as integral to the food we make as they are to our place in this community.
South Carolina
“Local tastey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Nice local place for dinning. Casual. Varied and ecclectic menu.
Reasonable prices. Adults and teens type of environment. Not really a "kids" place.

Visited March 2013

charlotte.
“Very good food and service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

2 couples went here on a Saturday night in July and had a great time. The atmosphere is wonderful and the service from the hostess, to the bartender to the wait staff was excellent. Yes, the prices are a bit high, but you get what you pay for and this is a fine restaurant. We started with the chartucherie plate, consisting of several types of patte with bread. It was perfect to share with 4 people. We then had the Shrimp and Grits, Salmon entree and Goat Cheese topped Steak. All of which were excellent! The side of Okra was the only thing we had that was rather flavorless. I highly recommend each of the 3 entrees we had though.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Exquisite!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

SNOB is high end dining in Charleston and will not disappoint. We treated our teens to a top notch meal while visiting College of Charleston and they and we felt it was one of the best meals we have ever had. The beef tenderloin was enjoyed by 3 of our 4 diners, and all raved about the onion jam and goat cheese combo. Two substituted the mashed potatoes, which were frankly out of this world. I had the mahi and it was superb. SNOB is not cheap, but excellence is worth paying for. Well done!

Burnsville, North Carolina
“Always a great meal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

We cannot go to Charleston without eating lunch or dinner at SNOB. Busy place with a great "buzz" atmosphere. Jake was our waiter. Very personable and helpful with our selections. I enjoyed my seafood dish and my husband had the prime rib. My drink was very weak(something with blueberries), my husband's was better(bourbon). We chose not to have another. A nice touch is the dining room manager circulating and asking how our food was, etc. It appears that there is alot of teamwork which is nice to see. My only complaint was our table was located across from the bathroom near the bar. Every time the door opened, I could see the toilet. Yuck, during dinner! We will go back, nice to try the unique dishes offered. Make a dinner reservation ahead of time.

Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Love, love, love”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

My last visit to SNOB was 10 years ago and I have missed it ever since. My return visit did not disappoint! Everything was delicious...cheese plate, steamed clams, duck breast. I recommend them all! I was a happy customer from start to finish and will be looking forward to my next visit.