“Great Charleston Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Slightly North of Broad is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 759 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: American
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Faber Street
Description: Slightly North of Broad is a Lowcountry bistro that brings together an abundance of local ingredients and thoughtful, expert presentation with a friendly, contagious energy. Here the dining room is a natural extension of the kitchen, a place where culinary skill, a clever, considered wine program, warm service, and conversations meld together. Our local farmers, fishermen and producers are as integral to the food we make as they are to our place in this community.
Miramar Beach, Florida
“Great Charleston Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

My daughter brought us here for lunch while we were in port on a cruise. It is lively, elegant, friendly and professional at the same time. Looks as if the patrons are a mix of locals and travelers. The service was prompt and efficient and personable. The food was great. We had the chicken livers and meatloaf. Portions were huge and well composed. I will go back on my next trip. The prices were incredibly reasonable.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Charleston, South Carolina
“One of Charleston's Bests”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Love! Love! Love S.N.O.B...feel that this is one of Charleston's best. Food is consistently good. Atmosphere is elegant. Although every table is generally full, you don't get a sense that it is overcrowded. They do one of the best renditions of shrimp and grits but barbequed tuna is a showstopper. The group owns High Cotton across the street as well as a delightful restaruant in Old Mount Pleasant. All are unique with their own signature entrees but anything on the menu is a good bet.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Seaford, Delaware
“What a surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

What a surprise when we walked in the door. There are a multitude of good restaurants to chose from on East Bay Street. We ( like everyone else ) checked out the menus posted at all restaurants outside, and chose S.N.O.B. because of locals who recommended it. When we walked in the door it was very busy! The atmosphere was elegant, the dishes that were passing by us as they were being served all looked wonderful. It was only lunch but we felt like we were out for a very special meal - that is the feel that you get from the atmosphere - the servers - the food preparation. The food was - of course - delicious, and served in a timely manner! I can see why it is a favorite of the locals. It will Most Certainly be our first stop when we visit Charleston again.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New York City, New York
“service is everything...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I have had this restaurant on my "To go" list for a long long time. I live in Manhattan and consider myself a bit of a foodie, so when I was able to score a seat at the Chef's table, I was so excited. Unfortunately, the view is completely obstructed by a fall festival display, so you don't get to watch the action in the kitchen at all. Kinda defeats the purpose of the table! Anyway, I feel that I can't give an honest review of this restaurant because I think my waiter ruined my entire experience. This guy really put the "SNOB" in SNOB. If you didn't like his up-selling of everything from wine to appetizers to entrees, he almost rolled his eyes and walked away. The big thing here is pushing the BBQ Tuna. I don't like fried oysters, so wanted to go with something else. After that I was basically forgotten. Of note, I did change my order and go with his appetizer recommendation, which, of course, was the Tuna. Skip it. Totally uninspired dish with the same citrus segments and avocado chunks you see on every menu, placed unthoughtfully on the plate. Enjoyed the scallop, which he didn't recommend. Overall a very cold and "Too cool for school" attitude. I'm sure there is some good food at this place, but I don't feel it's worth it if you have to deal with rude, inattentive staff.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Summit, New Jersey
“Wonderful Dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We've heard that everyone in Charleston thinks they do the best shrimp and grits, but the version we had at SNOB was really extraordinary, as were our appetizers. We really wanted to give it 5 stars, and would go back in a heartbeat, but the service was a bit uneven when we were there, and we have to call them like we see them!

Visited October 2012