I recently stayed here with my roommate for a weekend get away for Charleston Pride and let me just say I could not have been happier with my choice! What a beautiful brand new hotel in a GREAT location!
1. The hotel was new, and with that comes glitches in systems, processes and team members. This team did a great job to try and minimize any inconveniences, and did quite well in fact. During this weekend a real nasty afternoon storm came through and lightening struck a transformer near by which knocked out power for about 2 hours. Unfortunately this also knocked out all 4 of their elevators. By the end of the day the 2 main ones were back up and running however there were two others that had not been repaired by the time we checked out... Not really a big deal.
2. This was a sold out weekend for them and so naturally parking would be a little bit of an issue. This time a little more than normal for 2 reasons. 1st, during this storm two of their palms got uprooted and were leaning toward two of their parking spaces. As a precaution those spaces were blocked off just incase they fell. 2nd, someone decided to park their f150 over two spaces instead of the one they should have, thankfully the night auditor was wonderful and called the hotel next door to see if I could borrow a space from their lot.
3. The room itself was spacious and well decorated.It was clean, smelled fresh, and aside from the smell of new construction did not smell anything else. In addition the beds were comfortable and loved the towels in the room.
Overall this hotel is a GREAT find and I can't wait till I travel to Charleston again as this will be my choice of hotel. I will recommend this place to my friends, family, and colleagues traveling to this area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on the picturesque Ashley Marina, by the banks of the Ashley River, the stylish Hilton Garden Inn Charleston Waterfront/Downtown hotel is in the heart of downtown Charleston, SC. Enjoy easy access to Charleston's Historic District, The Medical University of South Carolina, The Citadel, College of Charleston, South Carolina Aquarium, as well as Historic Plantations, shops, restaurants, and beaches. A complimentary shuttle service runs to and from the hotel to Charleston's Historic District, just 1.5 Miles away. Each comfortable guest room and suite features a Serta Suite Dreams(R) bed, and modern amenities including complimentary WiFi, an ergonomic desk, a 42-inch LCD TV, Keurig(R) coffee and tea maker, mini refrigerator and microwave. Start each day with a cooked-to-order breakfast in the Garden Grille & Bar, and grab a snack at any time from the 24-hour Pavilion Pantry(R). Work out in the complimentary 24 -hour fitness center and swim in the outdoor seasonal pool overlooking the water. Hold an event at this Charleston, SC hotel with three meeting spaces, on-site catering and a complimentary 24-hour business center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Hilton Hotels, Priceline, getaroom.com, Agoda, Odigeo and Venere so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Charleston Waterfront/Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.