“Great BBQ and AMAZING Bloody Mary” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #161 of 759 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: Barbecue
Tuckahoe, New York
“Great BBQ and AMAZING Bloody Mary”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

My brother in-law and I went to this place for lunch one day on a bachelor party to grab a late breakfast/early lunch. We are both fans of Bloody Mary's and love BBQ. Nick's reminded us of a restaurant we have been to in NYC called Hill Country and we were fans. The food was exceptional and the Bloody Mary's were made nice and spicy (and loved the fact they gave an entire stalk of celery as the garnish). We had the burgers and they came out delicious.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Chicago, Illinois
“Great BBQ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

While shopping on King Street, we asked for a recommendation for lunch and were directed to Nick's. The BBQ was great! Really good salads, and pie (lemon icebox), but the highlight was definitely the cheesy cornbread! The best ever AND they sell cute bags of the cornbread mix.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Linwood, New Jersey
“Great location but below average ribs!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014 via mobile

We were in Charleston again with friends and felt like ribs....Soooo we decided to try NIcks Barbeque because of the reviews on trip advisor. Bad move! Several of us ordered the 4 rib dinner and several had combo dinner. The four rib platter presented nicely but first they forgot my rolls. The ribs looked great but one bite into them they were the toughest ribs I ever had and the others in the group all agreed and personally they lost me with the watered down rib sauce- not even thick enough to stick to the ribs! Bad move on their part. My sweet potato casserole was ok. On a positive note the fried green tomatoes were very good! My husband again decided to be different and ordered the pork sandwich which he says was "just ok" and he never says too much. With all the other food choices in Charleston they need to step up their game. We won't be back:(

Visited April 2014
Surfside Beach, South Carolina
“Lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

I'm not a big bbq girl, but when I have it it better be good and this fit the bill. My husband is a huge critic and loved it. I got a platter of 3 meats and they were all great. My husbands sandwiches were delicious too.

Visited March 2014
Florence
“Good pulled pork and salads”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

One person had pulled pork and one had salad and both were good. The sweet potato side was good too. Kids menu is ok. Beer and wine available.