“A wonderful experience!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Blossom

Blossom
171 East Bay St., Charleston, SC 29401-2126 (Downtown)
843-722-9200
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Blossom is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #67 of 759 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romance, Bar scene, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Located between Queen & Cumberland Streets
Baltimore, Maryland
“A wonderful experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

Upon arrival, the hostess was very kind and was prepared for us (We had made a 745 reservation at 7:15, via open table). My husband and I both had the she-crab soup, which was quite tasty...not too heavy. I had the skillet seared scallops, which was quite filling, while my husband had the fried shrimp. The meal was completed with an on-site raspberry sorbet and a to-go package with a light lemon meringue tart.
The presentation of the dishes was good.
More than that, the service was excellent. Our server, Glennie was personable, attentive and efficient. She had a careful eye for detail (we never had an empty water glass!)
Would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone traveling or living in Charleston.

Charleston SC
“Original dishes with fantastic flavor!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

I'm a local and Blossom is my favorite restaurant by far. The food is phenomenal, and the atmosphere is very nice without being stuffy as is the case with some other favorite Charleston places.

Charleston, South Carolina
“Warm and Inviting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

Best fried chicken ever! From entrées to sides everything was prepared well and delivered promptly. I would suggest Blossom to anyone visiting Charleston!

• Visited October 2013
Isle of Palms, South Carolina
“Another great meal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

We have gone to Blossoms often on our trips to Charleston. The food is consistently excellent and so is the service. It can be a bit noisy if you have a center table. Ask for a booth., they are spacious and much more quiet.

Berea, Ohio
“Lunch at Blossom was good, not great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

I had lunch at Blossom while waiting for members of my family to join me in Charleston. I ordered the Lump Crab & Fried Green Tomato BLT sandwich. It was good but I would not order it again. It was a under-seasoned but had great texture. The service was great and that was a redeeming quality of the restaurant . Since I dined alone I would give Blossom another chance.

Visited February 2014