“Wonderful Short Ribs” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Blossom

Blossom
171 East Bay St., Charleston, SC 29401-2126 (Downtown)
843-722-9200
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Blossom is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #98 of 778 Restaurants in Charleston
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Doing business, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Entertaining clients, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dessert, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Located between Queen & Cumberland Streets
Carolina Beach, North Carolina
“Wonderful Short Ribs”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

Dining in Charleston in early January found me dining on wonderful Meyer Short Ribs on a cold winter evening with friends.

The service was excellent with the service of cocktails and wonderful bread to begin our meal. No hurrying along either, which is always appreciated. The other entree was the salmon and that was also a winner. A good experience and one we hope to repeat soon.

• 4 of 5 stars Food

Waunakee, Wisconsin
“Fun Bar and Great Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

Black Grouper and roast duck was what we had and it was excellent. It's a noisy fun bar in the front of the place and pleasant dining in the back. Crowded but these people know how to run a restaurant and get you to your table in a reasonable time. Don't miss it and be sure to get a reservation well in advance like most of the Charleston restaurants

Visited January 2014
“Booming Blossom”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

Blossom was booming on the Friday of Restaraunt Week when we went to dinner. Wonderfully seasoned bread/butter on the tables and the service was impeccable. I'm a purist when it comes to Shrimp & Grits, the less complicated, the better. So I was anxious to try the dish at Blossom. The dish was cooked with creamy grits, medium shrimp, cooked onions, tomatoes, and a rich broth. The broth made the dish excellent and the bread provided with the meal made a perfect side dish when used to sop up the broth towards the end of the meal. Wonderful atmosphere and value, especially for small plates. I'm interested in trying out the lunch menu sometime too!

• 4 of 5 stars Food
“Good Food, Excellent Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

The appetizer and bread were very good. My wife did not like the butter, but I did. Our entrees were bland and flavorless. I asked for my dish to be prepared with something to add spiciness to the meal, and to my disappointment, the dish the not exit the mild zone. Other than that, my meal was very good. My wife was not a fan of her meal, but she tried something new, so the food is not to blame for her not liking the meal.

Our server was very friendly and helpful. She actually conversed a bit with us instead of just taking the order and leaving.

The restaurant itself was wonderful (layout, noise level, atmosphere, etc.). The overall experience was a positive one.

We will go back go back again.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
USA
“Simply adequate”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

Looking for a good seafood lunch in Charleston, we were disappointed that several of the highest rated restaurants are only open for dinner. After finding Cru Cafe closed (renovations?), we settled on Blossom. The menu looked good, but perhaps we chose the wrong things. I tried the She Crab Soup which was rather bland. My companion's Butternut Squash soup was tastier, if a bit over-sweet. My Oyster Sliders had too little oyster and too much bread. My companion's lettuce-wrapped shrimp was also light on the key ingredient (that would be .... shrimp!). We were halfway through our soup before we could get our server's attention and request she bring us our beverages which she admitted to having forgotten. The food wasn't bad, and the presentation was attractive, but all in all a rather disappointing lunch.

• 3 of 5 stars Food