“Personal service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Blossom

Blossom
171 East Bay St., Charleston, SC 29401-2126 (Downtown)
843-722-9200
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Blossom is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #98 of 778 Restaurants in Charleston
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Entertaining clients, Doing business, Special occasions, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dessert, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Located between Queen & Cumberland Streets
Saint Augustine, Florida
“Personal service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Arriving in Charleston, we had our first meal at Blossom. We had the best service by Amy. She had the prefect level of personality. The meal was very nice. We had a few apps, a salad, some wine, and took our time enjoying the evening. Our entrees were roasted duck and the braised short ribs, both cooked to perfection with outstanding flavor.
I have to say that the service was excellent all around. I noticed that the servers all seemed to work well as a team, helping each other with linens and busing. Everyone appeared very professional. This is definitely a go-back-to restaurant on our next trip to SC. Thank you Amy for a wonderful evening.
We spent a bit more than we had planned, but thought it was well worth the evening.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Fairfax, Virginia, United States
“Great Sunday Brunch at Blossom”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

I ordered the Huevos Rancheros for my brunch and loved the comfried eggs, refried sea peas, pulled short ribs, green chili sauce, salsa and sour cream on a tortilla. You definitely have to want SW cuisine to enjoy this meal. For me it was fantastic. My wife had shrimp. They were fresh and she can always tell. My sister had a heavenly grit concoction. It was creamy, cheesy and rich as possible. I loved tasting it, and I'm not even a grit fan.

Visited December 2012
columbia, sc
“Outstanding dining experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Charleston is full of amazing restaurants, but Blossom really impressed. The atmosphere is upscale, but not stuffy, and the staff is attentive and friendly without being overbearing. The service was efficient, but not rushed. I had the fried green tomato appetizer and the short ribs entree, and it was amazing. What really made the experience was the spot on wine pairing recommendations from Luis. We will definitely be back!

Dublin, VA
“Great service and food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Our waitress was very friendly and helpful. Three of us had dinner and each got a different dish. Food was very plentiful and prepared perfectly.

Havelock, North Carolina
“Complete delight!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I had the pleasure of visiting this restaurant last week for lunch. We were able to sit in their beautiful courtyard and enjoy the sun. I immediately fell in love with their delectable mussels, so much so that I had two orders. The fried artichoke hearts were equally delicious. My friend had the shellfish cocktail which was so full of fresh seafood it was indeed a meal. Our waitress Amy was fantastic! Talking to her and learning of the area, kept us at out table well into the afternoon. I am disappointed we did not find time to revisit this gem! When next in Charleston, I will visit Blossom, enjoy my mussels, and of course insist on Amy!