“Good Food with a View” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast
Johnson City, Tennessee
“Good Food with a View”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Nothing fancy, but a great place to have breakfast or lunch. I had lunch here on a Saturday afternoon, and the place wasn't very busy, so no wait. Great shrimp tacos! The view of the marina is also nice to have while you enjoy your food or to stroll around and check out the many nice boats docked there. I definitely would eat here again.

• 4 of 5 stars Food

Atlanta, Georgia
“nice place for breakfast or lunch”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

We have eaten here twice. One time we had breakfast and the other time we had lunch. It was good both times and I would give it a 3 1/2 if that were an option. The view is very nice and it is good on the budget. Service is slow but friendly. I had a shrimp po boy and the shrimp were good. The french fries were Ore Ida crinkle fries. My husband had the crab omelet and liked it very much.

Nashville, TN
“Great Local Resturaunt”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

The place was always busy but we never had to wait to be seated. It is old 20+ years but has a charm you will enjoy. The menu was pretty extensive but mostly fried and delicious. We had a dinner and also a breakfast here and both were awesome and reasonably priced!

Visited October 2012
salisbury nc
“A little odd...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

Hearing I could get a good cheeseburger here, I rolled in about 8PM on a Monday to an almost empty restaurant. I looked at the top of the hostess head for about 2 minutes and she never looked up. I went into the bar and was greeted by a very friendly and earnest bartender who I do not think knew anything about the menu. I ordered my cheesburger, waited about 15 minutes, and received a respectable, but certainly not memorable sandwich. While I waited for my food I notice the bartender pouring a glass of wine for another guest and I asked if I could take a look at the bottle since I was not familiar with the brand. Not only did he show me the bottle, he poured me about 8 oz. of the wine and said " on the house". I appreciated the gesture, but "a little odd"

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
North Charleston, South Carolina
“Great Greek salad, great service, nice view”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

My wife and I have ate at the Marina Variety Store & Restaurant before, and she's come to love the Greek salad, so since we were downtown anyway, we decided to stop by.
Pros: Very attentive and helpful waitress. For instance, wife asked for pita bread for the salad, and it magically appeared. Waitress stopped by to check on how we were doing and was polite and unobtrusive. She took our bill and parking stub and got that taken care of.
Great Greek salad.
Super-size bleu cheese burger.
Free parking.
Cons: unappetizing very creamy cole slaw.

• Visited September 2012