“Good food, Awesome View” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Pavilion Bar

Pavilion Bar
225 E Bay St, Market Pavilion Hotel, Charleston, SC 29401-2608 (Downtown)
877-440-2250
Good for: Romance, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Downtown
Charlotte, NC
“Good food, Awesome View”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

Sit back, take in the sweeping view of Charleston Harbor, and enjoy southern hospitality and gracious living from this roof-top spot. This is one of my favorite places to stop while in town. The ambience is spectacular whether taking a shopping break at lunchtime or lingering over a romantic evening with your special someone. The menu is small, but well rounded. There is a full bar - but no glass because there is a beautiful pool up here! Don't miss this place if you are going to be in the Holy City!

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
MarketPavilion, General Manager at Pavilion Bar, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Thank you for sharing your kind comments for the Pavilion Bar at the Market Pavilion hotel. I am so pleased we are one of your favorite places to stop to enjoy lunch or for that romantic evening. Our guest do enjoy the pool with the fountains, so thank you for acknowledging how nice it is. We look forward to seeing you again very soon.

NC
“Great place to sit and enjoy the day”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

We stopped by for late afternoon drinks on Sunday. The view of the river was wonderful. The sun was shining and the area has glass panels around to block the wind. I had the Pavilion Punch, juices and rum, and it was so very refreshing. DH had a beer (disappointed that there were no local brews on the menu), and chips and salsa. The service was good, not great. But there was something wonderfully refreshing about sitting in the sun and enjoying the afternoon.

First, I am glad you were able to enjoy the atmosphere at the Pavilion Bar on Sunday. Thank you for sharing your comments. It is a great place to have your favorite cocktail and enjoy the sun and with the wind screens we are able to make you feel even more comfortable. I am happy you had good service, but I will work with the team to exceed your expectations and make it great service. We look forward to you joining us again very soon.
Charleston, South Carolina, United States
“Awesome service from the Bartenders!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

My friends and I went up to have a few drinks and enjoy the view. (which is beautiful) We were not only served promptly, but we were entertained by Dave and Junior. These two kept my friends and I laughing and happy with full drinks. If you are ever in Charleston stop at this bar for the view but stay for the camaraderie and great drink selections. (If I could give them 10 stars I would)

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you so very much for sharing you kind comments for the Pavilion Bar at the Market Pavilion Hotel. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your time with you friends and the Bartenders Dave and Junior were keeping you laughing and happy while making sure they delivered good service with your drinks. I will share your post with them and hope to see you and your friends again very soon. Also thank you for the 10 stars…
Farmington, Connecticut
“View from the Roof Top Bar”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

Loved the atmosphere, the views and the service. Bartender, JR was awesome. The outdoor bar allows gorgeous panoramic views of the city while feeling intimate. Had a fabulous experience.

Visited March 2013
Peter W, General Manager at Pavilion Bar, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
I am so pleased that you shared your fabulous experience at the Pavilion Bar with us. It’s great to have such a special place which provides our guests those great views and atmosphere. I will share your comments with JR. and I am sure he looks forward to your next visit with us. Thank you once again.
Mt. Pleasant
“A must see while in Charleston!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

Even in winter, the outdoor bar is warm and comfortable. Jr. and Dave take great care of the patrons, and the view can not be beat!

Visited March 2013
Thank you for sharing your kind comments and I am glad you were comfortable and enjoyed the views at the Pavilion Bar high atop the Market Pavilion Hotel. I will share your comments with Jr & Dave and appreciate you taking the time to share with us.