“Excellent food and service great job!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 758 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romance
Description: "Exprience the Difference in 42-50 day aged Prime Steaks."Welcome to Grill 225, Charleston's first and only 100% USDA Prime steak house, and member of the Great Steak Houses of North America. Located at the luxurious Market Pavilion Hotel in the heart of historic Charleston, we offer a dining experience like no other.
“Excellent food and service great job!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

Our servers Lila and Riley were excellent. Perfect place to dine in Charlston for a special occasion or night on the town. Food was great. Overall a wonderful dining experience.

• Visited July 2014
Peter W, General Manager at Grill 225, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Thank you for sharing your kind comments with us and dining at Grill 225. We also appreciate you acknowledging Lila and Riley which I am sure they will appreciate. We are very happy that you had an overall wonderful dining experience with us and look forward to your return.

Atlanta, Georgia
“Perfect place for your last meal on earth”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

If I were to have to pick the one restaurant to have a last meal... Grill 225 is hands down the winner! I was in town visiting family and friends over the 4th and told my friends we HAD to have dinner here. To say it was a decadent evening is putting it lightly... We started with the escargot and chopped caesar salads then had lobster and steak accompanied by creamed spinach, truffled potato chips with bleu cheese and brussel sprouts (to be healthy.) We finished it off by sharing the most amazing piece of chocolate cake I have ever eaten. Did I mention the wonderful wine...? Yes, this was all a little extreme and grossly decadent but when you stumble upon a gem of a restaurant such as this you just can't refrain. Seriously, I dream about that chopped caesar... Also, see attached picture of me kissing my lobster.

• Visited July 2014
Peter W, General Manager at Grill 225, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Thank you for sharing such kind comments and dining with us at Grill 225. We are very much honored but do agree with you. I am also pleased that not only were we able to provide you with some great menu options but also were able to create great wine pairings for your meal and thank you for sharing your photo. (that’s passion for a meal) We do hope to see you and when your in town and thank you for the recommendation.
Hilton Head island SC
“Classy Fare in Charleston”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

This restaurant is on the first floor of the Market Pavilion hotel. Both facilities are first class but we just went to dinner since we recently moved to Charleston. On entry you will be greeted by knowledgeable staff who are usually students of one of the local colleges (at least that is my impression). The temperature in the restaurant tends to be chilly so be prepared. Portions are extra large and my wife and I usually split a salad. We tried their special Burrata salad that was great. We both opted for their special filet minion and added the sautéed mushrooms and onions as side dishes. Really tasty dish. The wine list was extensive but not inexpensive. I didn't ask if they had a corkage fee but you should and then consider bringing your own.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Peter W, General Manager at Grill 225, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Thank you for dining with us again at Grill 225. We are so pleased that you are a repeat guest. Welcome to Charleston now. I am glad you tried the Buratta salad and the 100% USDA Prime Filet. We do have many wine options from various price points and hope you found one within your budget. We do have corkage fees, but am confident we would be able to find something for most dining guests. Now that you’re a resident of Charleston, we hope to see you more often. Thank you for taking the time to share our kind comments with us.
Lexington, South Carolina
“Celebrating our anniversary!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

Our evening at Grill 225 was wonderful!! The staff was very friendly and Gregg Ventura was profoundly helpful in our selections! The lobster was wonderful and our steak was melt in your mouth good!! We were treated with Southern hospitality and were even given a "Happy Anniversary" strawberry and ganache for two to enjoy!!! We have dined at many great restaurants but with the overall experience, food, service and atmosphere, Grill 225 has to be right at the top!! Thank you again Greg for your attentiveness and hospitality!! The next time in town, we will be back!! Don't miss out on the experience of Grill 225!!

• Visited June 2014
Peter W, General Manager at Grill 225, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Thank you for dining with us and being our guest at Grill 225. We are so pleased we could sharing in your anniversary celebration. We very much appreciate you acknowledging your server Gregg Ventura which I will share with him and I know he will appreciate. I am glad you enjoyed your 100% USDA Prime Steak and the strawberry and ganache. We look forward to your next dining experience with us and thank you for sharing your comments.
Charleston, South Carolina
“Amazing food and service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

After passing by Grill 225 many times and frequenting the Pavilion bar on top of the Market Pavilion Hotel, my friends and I finally had a meal at the Grill and we were not disappointed! The service was impeccable and the wines served complimented every dish. I highly recommend the tuna tower and New York strip.

• Visited June 2014
Peter W, General Manager at Grill 225, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Thank you for dining with us at Grill 225. I am so please that you joining us for dinner and found the food and service amazing. Two great choices in the tuna tower and New York Strip. I am glad you enjoyed them and the pairings for each. We look forward to your next visit with us at Grill 225 and of course the Pavilion Bar. Thank you for sharing your kind comments.