“What a night!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 778 Restaurants in Charleston
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Dessert, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Reservations
Description: "Exprience the Difference in 42-50 day aged Prime Steaks."Welcome to Grill 225, Charleston's first and only 100% USDA Prime steak house, and member of the Great Steak Houses of North America. Located at the luxurious Market Pavilion Hotel in the heart of historic Charleston, we offer a dining experience like no other.
Charleston, South Carolina
“What a night!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

Wow. I don't know what else to say. This was an amazing meal. No... it was an amazing experience! Grill 225 really knows how to do dinner. I took my girlfriend here and they made us feel like celebrities. The service was phenomenal and the food... oh man.. the food was incredible! Jeff did an amazing job taking care of us. Hands down the best service I've ever had in Charleston. If you go, you have to order the Tuna Tower. It is one of my favorite dishes I've ever had.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Peter W, General Manager at Grill 225, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Thank you for sharing your kind comments and dining with us at Grill 225. We very much appreciate you taking the time. I am so glad that your experience was amazing and we were able to provide you with phenomenal food and the best service you have ever had in Charleston. I will share your kind comments with Jeff, which I am sure he will appreciate. We look forward to your next dining experience and thank you once again.

Dallas, Texas
“No Bloody Mary's For Us”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

Went to Grill 225 and sat at the bar for dinner. Had their amazing nitro martinis and wonderful she crab soup and filets. We liked it so much that while we were out walking around on New Year's Day we thought we would stop in for Bloody Mary's. The bar was practically empty and we were welcomed by the bartender. Things went downhill from there. My husband ordered our drinks and was told someone had to go to the roof top bar for Bloody Mary mix. We sat there watching our bartender cutting up fruit and putting it in containers. We waited and waited a good 15 mins and still no drinks for us. A few more patrons came in and were promptly served, still nothing. My husband asked him where the mix was and he casually remarked that someone would be there soon. We had enough of his cavalier attitude and got up and left. What had been a great experience a few days before was not so great now. Unfortunately people remember their last experience more than their first. It also happened to be our anniversary so we were really displeased. We went down the street to High Cotton and were served quickly so all was not lost.

Visited January 2014
Charleston, South Carolina
“Exceptional service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

Wonderful dinner. Jeff C and Ivy took great care of us. We had a very comfy and private booth that allowed us to enjoy a relaxing dinner. We enjoyed our seafood apps - grilled octopus was surprisingly tender and the accompanying salad was a refreshing contrast. My favorite was the oyster special - a delicately fried, plump oyster atop a bed of Pernod splashed spinach. A totally unique taste and take on fried oysters. Beyond the apps, the steak is where it's at. Filets were cooked perfectly and did not disappoint. Jeff was spot on with wine pairings for the varying courses and made us feel welcome without being overbearing. We would go back again for that special dinner that's worth a splurge.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta, Georgia
“You Get What You Pay For”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

I had dinner at Grill 255 on a recent visit to Charleston. I had the small fillet which was cooked perfectly. We enjoyed two bottles of a California merlot which was reasonably priced. The service was first class. The bill for four came to $430 --$490 with tip. My only complaint is the grotesquely overpriced wine list--almost comical. All in all a nice experience.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Peter W, General Manager at Grill 225, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Thank you for dining with us at Grill 225 on your recent visit to Charleston. We are pleased that you enjoyed your filet and it was cooked perfectly. It seems that you also found two nice bottles of a California Merlot which met your expectations and budget. Thank you for the kind words regarding the level of service also. We hope to have you dine with us again in the near future. I would also like to thank you for sharing your kind comments with us.
Baltimore, Maryland
“Pavillion Bar at Grill 225 Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

Didn't eat at restaurant but had to post review of the amazing rooftop bar. Spectacular view of Charleston, and it's enclosed/heated in winter -- but still great visibility. Atmosphere is terrific, and Shannon did a fantastic job of both serving us and pointing out skyline sights. A "must-Visit" stop if you're in Charleston, especially for an evening cocktail of nightcap when you can see all the lights.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Peter W, General Manager at Grill 225, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Thank you for joining us at the Pavilion Bar at the Market Pavilion Hotel. I am so pleased you enjoyed your evening night cap and were comfortable with the heaters that we have on the roof. I will share your kind comments with Shannon which I am sure she will appreciate. Looking forward to your next visit with us. Thank you again for sharing your comments with us.