“Great food - very unique” 4 of 5 stars
Review of FIG

FIG
232 Meeting St, Charleston, SC 29401 (Downtown)
(843) 805-5900
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
FIG is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 736 restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: American, European, Bistro
Good for: Romance, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Hasell
Alpharetta, GA
“Great food - very unique”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

This place was pricey, but everything we had was delicious. The onion soup as an appetizer was fantastic and the gnocchi melted in our mouths.

Visited February 2013

89% Recommend
Florida
“Lived up to all the hype...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

My husband and I dined here after reading many many many reviews. So glad we did! Definetely lived up to all the great reviews. We had the ricotta gnocchi with lamb bolognese and the nine vegetable salad for appetizers - both wonderful! My husband had the wagyu beef and I had the fish stew cocotte. I keep thinking about how I wished I could have finished that stew. It was amazing! Still thinking about it today.

Visited February 2013
Florida
“Second trip and still the Best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

My son and I had reservations at FIG on a Friday night around 10:00. The place was buzzing with good energy even at that time of night. I find FIG to be a brilliant combination of contemporary and southern cuisine. The staff is above Par, our server from a year ago remembered us and came to our table to say hello! Who does that? Thats a great staff !My 12 year old son had steak tartare and it was some of the best we had ever had. The cheese gnocchi with lamb was spectacular. The drink menu was well conceived and I enjoyed many fine Gin cocktails. My son tried the new vinegar's, how cool is that. The kitchen is cutting edge and I can't wait for my next trip to FIG.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Highland Park, Illinois
“Fabulous foodie favorite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

I dined alone at FIG, and as awkward as that can sometimes be, this was great. It's hard to get a reservation here, but as a walk-in I was given a choice of a comfortable seat at the bar or a seat at the community table. I chose the bar, and joined several other friendly foodies who knew the right mix of saying hello, but not try to spend the whole evening telling me about the last 29 great restaurants they had been to. Bartenders were wonderful servers, and the full menu is available at the bar. I had two appetizers and dessert, and a lovely glass of wine. Everything was exceptional, fresh, creative and delicious. I would definitely make a reservation for a next visit (call a month ahead).

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Howe Island
“Exceptional!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

No fluff, no bubble, just exceptional by service by Jamell and a memorable meal. If it's offered, try the seafood stew and ask the skilled staff to match the wine.

• Visited February 2013