“Lively place, good food” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
FIG is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 709 Restaurants in Charleston
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, European, Bistro
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Entertaining clients, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Dessert, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Hasell
Madison, NJ
“Lively place, good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

In the heart of the tourist district, so the restaurant may be tempted sometimes to offer less-than perfect service or food, but they generally do a good job and an evening there was enjoyable.

Visited October 2012

COLOMBIA
“EXCELENT”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

There are only 3 words to explain our experience at Fig: excelent, excelent, excelent.
Everything we ordered was fantastic. We had a delicious Wahoo tartare , fantastic grouper and the best Chocolate Boudin. My husband had a marvelous lamb steak.
Reservations are hard to get but not impossible. Keep trying.

• Visited October 2012
Chevy Chase, MD
“Best meal we've ever had in Charleston”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

Oh my. We had a wonderful birthday meal at FIG. Made reservations 3 weeks in advance, hoping it would be worth it, and I'm happy to say, it was. Our server was friendly, attentive and knowledgeable.The tomato tart appetitzer was intensly flavored with a flaky, crunchy crust. The entrees (lamb for me, fish for my husband) were amply portioned and delicious. Our server suggested the sorghum cake with malt ice cream, which I would have never ordered on my own, and it was a wonder. The food was not overly fussy, or overseasoned or oversauced--just perfect. Not inexpensive, but an excellent value for the quality of the food and the experience.

• Visited October 2012
Rochester, New York
“Excellent experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

Have to admit that this is one of the top meals that my wife and I have ever had anywhere. Cool atmosphere; waiter (Tim) and helpers very attentive; food presentation artful; taste was amazing (oysters fresh, arugula salad great, wreckfish for her perfectly cooked, pork for me was tender); asked Tim for wine pairings (studying to be a sommelier) – great choices at reasonable price; deserts were perfect. This place has “it”.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Farm to table to delicious memory.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012 via mobile

On your next trip to charleston, don't miss this gem of a restaurant. The concept is farm to fresh but is the execution that delivers one of the most memorable meals my wife and I have had. Our waiter was helpful and pleasant. The food from appetizer to desert was incomparable. Reservations are hard to getso plan ahead but dont miss it.