“Great Food! Great Energy!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Charleston, South Carolina
“Great Food! Great Energy!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

I went on a date on a Friday night. It was packed, but we still enjoyed our time. It was noisy which was expected and not great for me since I am naturally soft-spoken. We sat at the chef's counter and got to watch the chefs prepare everyone's food. Unfortunately, they aren't that exciting! However, the wait staff is very good and were always one step ahead of us. The food was amazing. I highly recommend their flat noodles with garlic. I cannot recall the exact name. My date got the red curry duck which he said was awesome. I highly recommend them to anyone! This was my first Thai food experience.

• Visited November 2013

Saint Augustine, Florida
“Delightful!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

My partner and I spent the day in Charleston and stumbled a pone this wonderful Thai gem. We had the spring rolls to start they were amazing and the veg in side them were so fresh. I had the pad see eu and the it was the best Thai curry I've had and my wife had the red curry and she just loved it. The sever was very helpful and efficient.

• Visited November 2013
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Great food but really noisy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

We went to Basil in Charleston for dinner with friends from the area. Unfortunately, it was very difficult to have a conversation because the tables are very close together. But, and it's a significant but, the food is really terrific. Perhaps it's worth the drive over the bridge to Mount Pleasant to get the food and more space in the restaurant. We tried a variety of entrees, from the duck to the seafood to the noodles, and everything was truly outstanding. They do not accept reservations. We waited about 20 minutes on a Monday evening at 8 PM.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
British Virgin Islands
“GF friendly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

The menu has the GF items clearly marked and the food and atmosphere were great. Would for sure go back.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Cincinnati, OH
“One of Our Best Meals in Charleston”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Our party of 5 dined here on Friday for dinner, arriving for an early dinner a little after 5 p.m. We chose to eat indoors due to the cool temps during our visit. Glad we dined early, as later that evening there were people waiting outside for a table (not much room to wait inside). We enjoyed the egg rolls as an appetizer, light and crisp, not greasy. Our food was delicious, arriving at the table hot and steaming. Two in our party had the Pad Thai, one Basil Chicken, Pad Woon Sen with Pork, and Vegetables Delight with Chicken. Everyone enjoyed their entrees, and several were trying Thai food for the first time. Entree prices in the mid-teens. Service at that time of day was excellent, water glasses kept full.