“Good food, fast service.” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Buffet
Ottawa, Canada
“Good food, fast service.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Not your ordinary restaurant. You walk in, place your order at the counter, receive a pager and go to a table until your food is ready. It didn't take long. Utensils are plastic. Napkins come off of a roll at your table. Fountain drinks.

We both had pulled pork with fries, it was delicious.

We didn't know what to expect. We stopped in out of convenience, it was almost next door to our hotel. We were not disappointed.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

West Chester, Pennsylvania
“BBQ Buffet is dangerous!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

I love Southern BBQ and received a strong thumbs up from my hotel down the street. When I walked in the door, I noticed a big banner promoting Bessingers as South Carolina`s best BBQ so I was excited about the food. I tried the ribs, catfish, shrimp and pulled pork. I also loved their collards which were served with true southern style with hamhocks and they were delectable. The catfish was more batter than fish so felt like I was eating fried chicken instead of fish so was disappointed. However, the ribs were awesome with fall off meat, tried their homemade spicy mustard sauce, which is truly South Carolina so huge thumbs up and proceeded to have two helpings and the pork was dynamite. The shrimp was so so and found out they have sausage on Saturdays. I would come back to this joint on a Saturday for their sausage but was not overwhelmed by this place. Staff was very friendly and it is truly a BBQ place with checkercloth tables and wooden background so nothing fancy here but good ole BBQ and sweet tea!

“"Yeah, I don't know...not very good"”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Exact words out of my wife's name. Came here due to their reputation and love for onion rings.
We got some pork sandwiches, onion rings and Mac n cheese.
The sandwiches were decent, meat was good...sauce was meh and bun was all smashed, but that's probably their thing.
Mac n cheese, simply no...that's not southern Mac n cheese or anywheres. Not good.
Onion rings were something to try, good flavor, but I am more of a fan of normal breaded onion rings. These are literally onion ring doughnuts.
Don't plan on coming back, unless it's a group thing.

Savannah, Georgia
“Great Dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

By far the biggest onion rings I've ever eaten! Delicious. I always get the pulled pork which is pretty good. I also bought a few bags of fresh pork rinds for the way home. This is definitely a place worth stopping for. This was my 2nd visit here.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
White River Junction, Vermont
“Perfect place to sample local favorites after a long day...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014 via mobile

Referred here by hotel nearby and are glad we tried it. Buffet was perfect for our hungry hot tired family. Everyone found many things they liked and we all sampled some new southern foods we hadn't ever tried. Would definitely return and would recommend to other travelers.

Visited June 2014