“Romantic and charming, fantastic meals.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #61 of 709 Restaurants in Charleston
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Fine dining Northern Italian restaurant located in Historic Downtown Charleston
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Romantic and charming, fantastic meals.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

Fulton Five was a true experience, the building itself is beautiful and tucked away enough to feel like your own secret place. The hostess made us feel very welcome upon our arrival. The ambiance was elegant but comfortable. The only minor drawback is that the bar area should be more separate from the dinning area because it was too loud as some other reviewers noted.
Our server was knowledgeable, efficient, and friendly. He even took our picture for us when we asked so we could remember our special birthday dinner.
For our appetizer we ordered the insalate di funghi aka mushroom salad and it was very good, simple like Italian food should be so the ingredients could shine. It was so hard to choose just one thing because everything sounded great. For our meals, he had a tortellini with lamb meat and I had several bites and it was wonderful, he said the best pasta he's ever had; I had the special pasta for the day which was tortellini also with duck confit and cauliflower in duck broth and it was heavenly! This is the real deal.
I chose Tiramisu for my birthday dessert and they lit me a candle which was special. =]
It was very good and a sharable large portion.

Definitely a five star experience and we will be back I'm sure.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Charleston, South Carolina
“A hidden gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

This place is tucked into a side street off King and finding it is part of this city's charm. There are so many out of the way places in Charleston but this place is truly a find! It's small so call ahead for a reservation, we parked in the Queen Street parking garage and it was just a few blocks to walk. The service was amazing, the food was authentic and delicious! They offer an appetizer size for their main dishes which I really liked (it's still plenty of food), it allowed me to try more dishes. We have a baby at home so we don't get out much and this place made our rare night out really special!

Camden
“Great food, great atmosphere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

This was our first visit to Fulton Five and it was incredible. Just disappointed we didn't know about it before. It will definitely be a go-to for future trips to Charleston. Cozy, intimate atmosphere without feeling "stuffy." Wait staff was knowledgeable and personable. My husband and I shared the mussels appetizer. Good portion size and delicious. My shrimp pasta was perfect and my husband enjoyed his grouper over polenta. If you love Italian food and good wine, you must visit Fulton Five...authentic, romantic and delicious.

Crofton, Maryland
“Romantic and delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

If the cozy and romantic atmosphere doesn't pull you in, then the delicious menu definitely will! We got the seasonal bruschetta to start and it was divine. I got the lobster pasta and my husband got the lamb and sausage pasta in marsala. Both were so unique but also some of the best pasta we have ever had. This is the place to go for a romantic night. Can't wait to go back!

“Intimate, authentic, outstanding!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

We have come to Charleston every year for the past 9 years & just discovered this place! Fulton Five is a romantic, quaint, exceptional restaurant. Celebrating our 13th anniversary sans (4)kids, this was a wonderful experience. The food was wonderful. Get the Pettine! Holy cow. The soup of the day was a creamy corn/cream based with lump crab meat, so good. My husband had the tortellini special which was wonderful. But, my scallops were absolutely amazing! Perfectly cooked, all of the spices & flavors melded together to create a dish I'll never forget. This venue is, in my opinion, for couples or adults only. And for that we are thankful...we have 4 kids & sometimes (very rarely) we just want to go somewhere without little ones in the atmosphere. Our server was David & he was above average with attention to detail & wonderful knowledge of the menu! Great service, outstanding food, & a sweet romantic spot off the beaten path in Downtown Charleston. This place is definitely an established, solid restaurant. We will be back...